Power 90

Options
I just started P90 about a week ago and really love it! I check my weigh in tomorrow to see what results I'm getting. I would love to start a group who are also doing the same workout. I know a lot of people skip to P90X but, I was too out of shape to really push for something like that and knew I would quit in the first week. I think P90 is a great start to doing the entire series and pushes you just enough to break a good sweat! I'll be posting my results every week if you would like to follow.

Replies

• Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    please do!
    Not many are doing p90- as you said it's right to P90X. I need to work up to it to!! I use the P90 dvds from time to time - i especially love Fat Blaster. I'm doing 30 day shred and TJ right now but plan to give p90 an honest shot probably at the mid to end of Sept.

Good Luck and keep us posted ~ I'll check in on your thread too for motivation

Janet:heart:
  • ginamarie85
    Options
    So far after week 1 I've lost 4lbs, not much but a good feeling! Although I'm sweating after each P90 workout I feel like I can keep going or at least want to keep going so I'm thinking about adding 30 day shred every other day for more cardio and yoga or pilates for some more strength and flexability. I find myself very sore after the workouts and doing some yoga to help stretch out would probably work really well after these workouts.
  • jenniferyeatts
    jenniferyeatts Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just finished P90 at the beginning of August. I was VERY faithful to the program, and logged my calories here. I lost 25 pounds, and lots of inches! Now, I'm doing P90 Master Series, which I think, is more fun than P90, but just as challenging. KPP! It works!
  • ginamarie85
    Options
    I just finished P90 at the beginning of August. I was VERY faithful to the program, and logged my calories here. I lost 25 pounds, and lots of inches! Now, I'm doing P90 Master Series, which I think, is more fun than P90, but just as challenging. KPP! It works!

I started MFP the same time I started P90 and have been pretty good so far with my daily calorie goals. I need to get a measuring tape so I can track if I've lost any inches on my body!
  • tkeller3
    tkeller3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started P90 today! I did the sculpt 1-2 and tomorrow morning I will be doing cardio 1-2 and abs 100. I haven't actually bought the program yet, just borrowed the first DVD from a friend. So I have no idea what the diet is, just trying to log on here and stay within my target calories. I plan on buying the whole package on Friday (payday!)

Good luck and have a great Thursday!
  • jenniferyeatts
    Options
    Congratulations on starting! This program will change your life if you keep pushing play and start eating better. I did not follow their diet. I just stayed within my calories here on MFP, and tried to eat healthy, whole foods - nothing processed, no white flour, lower fat, lower carb. I do drink a protein shake once a day as a meal replacement.
  • ginamarie85
    Options
    I don't follow the diet plan for P90 either! I just stay within my target on MFP and I think that's just as good. My friend gave me a copy of the workouts and I think the sweat 1-2 is harder but, that's because I hate doing ab workouts lol. Yesterday I was suppose to do the sweat 1-2 but did the fat burning express workout and WHOA! That is def. some workout! I was sweating bullets and I think I burned more calories doing that than the other two beginning videos.
  • nelsaphine
    nelsaphine Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss so far! I"ve had the P90 for a loooong time but never really used it (2dvs still in wrapper). I have lost 21 pounds and still have 40 to go but I feel that now I can actually do the videos. The thing is that I don't know which video goes first and if I need to alternate, I'm sure the instructions came with it but I don't have them anymore. Could you possibly tell me how the plan works? I hope you can help me out with this. Thank you so much :)
  • jenniferyeatts
    Options
    Start with Sculpt 1-2 and alternate Sweat 1-2 & Ab ripper 100 on opposite days. Do them 6 days a week. Take 1 day of rest. Start all over. When you're starting to feek it's easy, or around day 30-45, switch to 3-4. Good luck!
  • nelsaphine
    Options
    Start with Sculpt 1-2 and alternate Sweat 1-2 & Ab ripper 100 on opposite days. Do them 6 days a week. Take 1 day of rest. Start all over. When you're starting to feek it's easy, or around day 30-45, switch to 3-4. Good luck!

Thank you for the info! Would something like this be right...
    Monday = Sculpt & Sweat 1-2
    Tuesday = Sculpt & Ab ripper 100
    Wednesday = Sculpt & Sweat 1-2
    Thursday = Sculpt & Ab ripper 100
    Friday = Sculpt & Sweat 1-2
    Saturday = Sculpt & Ab ripper 100

Or is it....Monday = Sculpt, Tuesday = Sweat, Wednesday = Ab ripper? I'm confused & I just want to do it right, I hope you don't mind so many questions.
  • ginamarie85
    Options

Thank you for the info! Would something like this be right...
    Monday = Sculpt & Sweat 1-2
    Tuesday = Sculpt & Ab ripper 100
    Wednesday = Sculpt & Sweat 1-2
    Thursday = Sculpt & Ab ripper 100
    Friday = Sculpt & Sweat 1-2
    Saturday = Sculpt & Ab ripper 100

Or is it....Monday = Sculpt, Tuesday = Sweat, Wednesday = Ab ripper? I'm confused & I just want to do it right, I hope you don't mind so many questions.

Monday is Sculpt 1-2
    Tuesday is Sweat 1-2 and ab ripper (this is already included in the workout video sweat 1-2 or at least it is with my copy)
    Wednesday Sculpt 1-2
    Thursday Sweat 1-2 and ab ripper
    Friday Sculpt 1-2
    Saturday Sweat 1-2 and Ab ripper
    Sunday OFF

I have an excel spreadsheet I downloaded and it has the schedule worked out like that. I add in the fat burning express video every once in a while or if I don't want to do sweat 1-2 lol.
  • nelsaphine
    Options
    Thank you so much!!!! This sure helps. So far I've only been walking, but I will for sure start the P90 on Monday!