Protein Powders ?

Options
So in my process of losing weight, building strength I've never known too much about protein powders... here I am 70+ lbs down later and now i'm wondering!!

Anyone care to educate me?

Replies

• BaliBride2Be
    Options
    I use protein powders after weight training, or when i need more protein in my day. I use Dymatize and love it :) But you need to find what works for you! :)
  • Hang10er
    Hang10er Posts: 1
    Options
    I use Iso-Flex protein powder. It mixes good with water for after a workout. It also makes a good low calorie snack. I blend it with almond milk or 2% milk, couple pieces of ice, tablespoon peanut butter and maybe some sliced banana. The ratings on Iso Flex are very good as for the quality of the protein. You can also throw in frozen strawberries, etc.

Its not the cheapest but you get what you paid for. My favorite is chocolate chip and then vanilla.
  • CynnamonGirl
    Options
    I love Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Protein Powder. I drink a well blended smoothie every morning after my workout that also doubles as my breakfast. I have the Double Rich Chocolate AND the Vanilla Ice Cream flavor. My favorite smoothie recipes are Reese's cup smoothie, Butterfinger smoothie, & Blueberry Muffin smoothie. No candy or pastries in the mix, they just taste like them. Highly recommend protein powder within 1 hour of a workout!