OK guys i need you!!!

Options
I am not doing well right now. I had saline added to my lap band today so I cannot eat for the next 72 hrs!! I can only consume liquids until Saturday morning. I'm already hating life....I'm so hungry and I hate broth. I had a special K protein shake a bit ago, but when it wears off....look out! My mom made me feel really good with her encouraging words, but I'm not opposed to receiving more LOL. Thanks guys!

Replies

• Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. Maybe you can stay busy in small ways. I don't know if your mobility is limited. You can try some yummy teas maybe? You can do it. Focus and when you lose focus do it again.
  • lbanner10
    Options
    Hang in there! Try the smoothie. Experiment with different flavors. You may discover something new and at the same time keep you mind off eating
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Cannot imagine how difficult this must be. If only liquids, assuming that means you could have broths/soups so would certainly stock up on those, as I would think they would be more filling, as well as the protein type drinks. Not knowledgeable about lapbands nor the reason for adding a saline solution to one, but hoping you can be committed to following doctors orders as a way to maintain your health through this process. Take it one hour at a time and find ways to occupy yourself. Stay focused on your reasons for wanting to lose weight with better health being key! You will feel so better!!!!!! Hang in there and keep us posted on your progress!
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Not sure if they make it anymore or not. Also, not sure if you can have it. But Slim Fast has a Rich Chocolate Royale Optima. It really keeps you full plus the chocolate is nummy. At least it used to be. lol.
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    It's tough but you'll get through it! My doc has me on liquids for 5 days after a fill.

Drink a lot of water. Try the crystal light hunger satisfaction or my new favorite thing -- yogi slimlife tea... it's blueberry tea and it's an appetite suppressant and energizer.

I also like the 100 calorie starbucks frappucino bottled drinks (they come in 4 packs at the grocery store) and I loooooove the Bolthouse farms protein drinks --Mocha Cappucino is the BEST one. Target has these super duper yummy Archer Farms smoothies as well, the mango flavor is beyond delicious.

Good luck!!!! Your fellow bandsters are with you ;-)
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! you have really helped me!
    lisamarie thanks for the great tips!! i can't imagine 5 days! lol
  • Maggie1960
    Maggie1960 Posts: 322
    Options
    Hey Jacole, just a word of encouragement from England for you - it must be so tough but try to visualise the new you in a few months. Imagine how you will look at Christmas for example - how much healthier will you be and how much smaller will you be? Stick with it, it will be fabulous when you have succeeded in this battle - and you will do it.:smile:
  • leanmass24
    leanmass24 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    SYNTHA 6 chocolate protien powder... 200 calories per scoop... mix in 8oz water... taste like a chocolate milkshake. If you want mix it in milk and It is really rich, thicker, and filling.

You can get it at GNC and it is considered a meal replacement shake
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Now is perhaps the time to catch up on your sleeeeeep.

Yes, you are sleeepy. Very sleepy.
    Your eyes are so heavy.
    You so want to nap.
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Options
    Hey Jacole, just a word of encouragement from England for you - it must be so tough but try to visualise the new you in a few months. Imagine how you will look at Christmas for example - how much healthier will you be and how much smaller will you be? Stick with it, it will be fabulous when you have succeeded in this battle - and you will do it.:smile:

Yes as quoted, think about how fabulous you will feel here in a few months. Maybe keep busy with planning a christmas party or a board game night to show off your few months down the road success! Planning something fun totally helps direct your attention for a bit. You can surf the web, find some party game ideas, decorations (http://www.orientaltrading.com has very VERY inexpensive decor for parties) You'll get lost in that site for hours, so much fun weird stuff. You totally got this my dear, your fabulous, determined and here in no time at all you'll have many days that never feel like today!