Time to say hello

Hi. I decided it was time to say hello and start getting to know you all since I plan to be around for a while. I am a stay at home mom / homeschooling mom to 2 boys. My husband and I are hoping to have a third child soon. I am working on losing some weight (hopefully a lot!) before trying. Then I hope and plan to lose and keep it off after baby and not gain back like with previous pregnancies!

I just got started last week. I've been aiming for the 1200 calorie range and trying to walk an hour a day give or take with some other stuff added in. I lost really quickly this first week, 15 pounds in 8 days. I know that it was mostly water weight and that it will slow down lots but that was a fun start.

So in interest of being completely open and keeping it real, here are my goals --

starting weight 244
current weight 229
short term goal 200
long term goal somewhere between 150 and 170
height 5'6"

Replies

• AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    5'6" is much too tall to be eating 1200 cals a day, ESPECIALLY if you are walking and getting in exercise. 1200 is only for little tiny shorties. I'm only 5'0" and it's not enough for ME.

Google search for a TDEE calculator and follow its prompts. Subtract 20% less than the number it gives you and that is how much you should be eating every day to lose weight.
  • I'm starting to see that the more I read on here. Looking up TDEE now. Thanks.
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    TY
    5'6" is much too tall to be eating 1200 cals a day, ESPECIALLY if you are walking and getting in exercise. 1200 is only for little tiny shorties. I'm only 5'0" and it's not enough for ME.

Google search for a TDEE calculator and follow its prompts. Subtract 20% less than the number it gives you and that is how much you should be eating every day to lose weight.