how do you know your with the right person?

Options
mish24canada
mish24canada Posts: 152 Member
Hi I'm just wondering how do you know if your with the right person? I' m in a relationship now sometimes I wonder am I asking for to much is that why were arguing or maybe I'm not and he's not right for me. So how does everyone else know your with the person you should be with ?

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Every couple fights, that's normal for people. For me, the moment I knew was in the middle of an argument. We were just annoying the crap out of one another (I don't even remember why), but I can distinctly remember thinking that, even though I was furious about what she was telling me, I couldn't imagine wanting to be anywhere else or with anyone else.
  • mish24canada
    mish24canada Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Wow that's so sweet
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I would like the answer to that question too lol
  • WeeRaker
    WeeRaker Posts: 3
    Options
    That's a question I often wondered when I was with my partner of 4years, we were engaged and I was still asking myself if he was the one! lol cut a long story short he wasn't!!

Im now with a guy ive been with for 6months and I honestly feel like hes the one already.. we argue and I slam doors but we always end up in the same room laughing about it 15mins later! lol sometimes you just know and other times you go through trials that test ya both I guess
  • theepervette
    theepervette Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    there is no right person..

or..
    i suppose the person is right for you if you are both fighting to stay together.
    If both sides are making efforts to keep one another happy.

Basically the right person is one you love, and loves you back.
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I hate to be mysterious and vague, but I just knew. From the moment we first started dating we were both committed to making things work. I think that's the most important part. If either of you is willing to let things slide, then it won't work out. I think it also comes down to respect. You don't always have to agree, and it's okay to have fights, but if you can't respect who the other person is at their worst, that's a problem.

I guess another way to think about it is, would you be willing to trade up for a newer model? If you can picture yourself with someone better, then they're probably not the "right person". My husband might not be a 10 in every category, but I wouldn't trade him for the world.
  • CheekyBrahette
    CheekyBrahette Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    For me personally it was a feeling as if I had known him my whole life. It's hard to explain, but it just felt right from the moment I met him. I have an overpowering sense of unconditional love for him. We complement each other well and have very similar personalities. We agree on darn near everything and have many common interests. We work well as a team and have the same goal for the future. He's my best friend. :blushing: