How to get back to losing weight? :(

Options
So for the last couple of months my weight loss has been at a stall. I've been eating about 1600 calories, working out 1 day a week and being really busy at my job. I'm gonna get back to working out (lifting weights) 3 days a week, and my job provides enough running around for me...... I work in fast food and it's a really busy job, I'm running around a lot all day so I get tired. I'm ot sure what to do to get the weight loss going again. The plan I'm following is the 'In Place Of A Road Map' plan and following the information there, with my lifestyle and work out plan I should eat about 1800 calories.

The last couple of days I've sorta ate too much, I'll say around 2000 - 2200 calories....I'm usually really good about tracking my calories so I"m not worried this is gonna happen again....I just want to know if I should just act like these days haven't happened and eat at my 1800 and get back to working out regularly, or if I should eat like 1400 for the next couple days, then go to 1800 or what I should do.

Thanks for all those who help!

Replies

• the_desperate_gal
    Options
    Bump please?
  • the_desperate_gal
    Options
    hellooo?
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Act like they didn't happen. Treat them as cheat days and move on. At worst, you've added a slight bump to your weightloss. If you only ate 200-400 over your goal, you were probably at or near maintenance (based on the roadmap), so you shouldn't see any real gain (though you may retain some water if you had a lot of salt-heavy food). Eating too few calories isn't going to help anything and sets a precedent that often leads to yo-yo dieting. Let yesterday go and focus on today. If you hit your calorie goals from here on, you'll see the results you want. No need to punish yourself.
  • the_desperate_gal
    Options
    Act like they didn't happen. Treat them as cheat days and move on. At worst, you've added a slight bump to your weightloss. If you only ate 200-400 over your goal, you were probably at or near maintenance (based on the roadmap), so you shouldn't see any real gain (though you may retain some water if you had a lot of salt-heavy food). Eating too few calories isn't going to help anything and sets a precedent that often leads to yo-yo dieting. Let yesterday go and focus on today. If you hit your calorie goals from here on, you'll see the results you want. No need to punish yourself.

Thank you for the input. It's greatly appreciated. I'll do just that!
  • the_desperate_gal
    Options
    bump
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    The only way to lose weight is by being in a caloric deficit.

To do this, find out your TDEE for your current weight and consume calories below this value.

You can find a TDEE calculator here: http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/. Make sure you get enough carbs, protein and fat so you have enough energy for working out and working in your busy job.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options

To do this, find out your TDEE for your current weight and consume calories below this value.

You can find a TDEE calculator here: http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/. Make sure you get enough carbs, protein and fat so you have enough energy for working out and working in your busy job.

Helpful, she already said that's what she's doing...
    Do what grimendale said and just go back to the 1800 and workout. Scales gonna go down again once the extra sodium and stuff is equalled out. Don't worry about it.
  • the_desperate_gal
    Options

Helpful, she already said that's what she's doing...
    Do what grimendale said and just go back to the 1800 and workout. Scales gonna go down again once the extra sodium and stuff is equalled out. Don't worry about it.

Lol, thanks for that. I know all about TDEE and stuff like that.....soo...yeah, thanks for the input. I'll do just that and hope to see results c: