11/12/13

Options
Well, finally plans are SET. We're actually getting married in a library, very fitting for us since we love books more than anything else. Problem is, I need to lose over 20 lbs now. I broke my elbow, and sustained a high ankle fracture one month ago. I cannot exercise. My doctors are still debating whether or not they will need to do surgery on my foot. So, how do you get exercise, when you are this limited? Elbow is healing, but I cannot lift weights. I can't do anything b/c of my foot. I need to start losing weight, but the only thing I can do at this point is watch what I eat.

Ideas on cardio??

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Fortunately for you, watching what you eat is most of weight loss. Exercise is great, but it's primary benefits are health related. Unless you are fairly close to your goal weight, exercise is not necessary for loss. So long as you eat at a healthy deficit, you will lose (I dropped my first 60 lbs with no appreciable exercise). Trying to do any serious exercise in your condition is probably going to make things worse. With your arms and feel out of commission, there's not much that you can do without risking re-injury. You might be able to get away with some light swimming, but I would consult with your doctor about it.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Yes! What grimendale said. I did the exact same thing! Lost my first 60 being pretty sedentary. And you don't want to re-injure or slow healing! Congratulations!!! ????????
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Great date- we got married on 11/11/11

Wot they said- you don't need exercise to lose weight, focus on eating really well, and the quantities. Good luck!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    What they said and how cool, getting married in a library!