to wake him or not to wake him...

Options
my husband fell asleep on the couch at 7pm, it is now almost 10:30. should i wake him up or let him sleep? i don’t really plan on going to bed anytime soon

Replies

• douglasnorton
    douglasnorton Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Nah, wake him when ya ready to go to bed yourself!
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Let him sleep lol. I'm prettttty sure he'll wake up sometime around 12 and stagger into bed anyway. Guy seems beat!
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I would let him sleep unless Im super bored....
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I leave mine if I'm going to bed then there's less time I need to listen to him snore :tongue:

What would he prefer, to sleep in bed or not be woken?
  • elispeli
    elispeli Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    leave him a little note reminding him you love him and give him a blanket and go to bed yourself <3

:smooched:
  • epicrockstar24
    Options
    I leave mine if I'm going to bed then there's less time I need to listen to him snore :tongue:

i’m currently sitting on the opposite couch listening to him snore.

the question of wake him or let him sleep has always been a tough one with him, because i never know if he’ll be mad at me for waking him or if he’ll be mad that i let him sleep so long. both have happened an equal number of times.

for a while there i just straight up refused to wake him up, because he got mad once because i’d touche his arm or his leg and he didn’t like me touching him when i woke him up, but standing there yelling his name didn’t work either so eventually he accepted the fact that the only way i could wake him up was to touch him... or put his phone on loud right next to him and then ask his friends to call, that worked, and it was then their fault not mine for waking him.
  • fShaw86
    Options

i’m currently sitting on the opposite couch listening to him snore.

the question of wake him or let him sleep has always been a tough one with him, because i never know if he’ll be mad at me for waking him or if he’ll be mad that i let him sleep so long. both have happened an equal number of times.

for a while there i just straight up refused to wake him up, because he got mad once because i’d touche his arm or his leg and he didn’t like me touching him when i woke him up, but standing there yelling his name didn’t work either so eventually he accepted the fact that the only way i could wake him up was to touch him... or put his phone on loud right next to him and then ask his friends to call, that worked, and it was then their fault not mine for waking him.

Aw Catch-22 situation! Maybe wait another hour or so and then wake him up? I'd feel like I was walking on eggshells!
  • douglasnorton
    douglasnorton Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    lol! That last part was funny! Well, either way it sounds like he is grumpy when you wake him up or don't. But, I'd just let him sleep. Sounds like he is getting some much needed rest.
  • epicrockstar24
    Options

Aw Catch-22 situation! Maybe wait another hour or so and then wake him up? I'd feel like I was walking on eggshells!
    thats how i feel.

but i think so long as i’m up i’ll just let him sleep. because i know he won’t be happy with me if i wake him up so that he can sleep in bed and follow up with, “but i’m not tired so i won’t be joining you.” i have really bad insomnia, and he really hates it when i can sleep and leave bed to go out to the living room. i do it out of courtsey so i don’t wake him, but he’d rather i just use the computer, read, write, or watch tv there next to him. i don’t really like feeling like i’m stuck in bed though either.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options

thats how i feel.

but i think so long as i’m up i’ll just let him sleep. because i know he won’t be happy with me if i wake him up so that he can sleep in bed and follow up with, “but i’m not tired so i won’t be joining you.” i have really bad insomnia, and he really hates it when i can sleep and leave bed to go out to the living room. i do it out of courtsey so i don’t wake him, but he’d rather i just use the computer, read, write, or watch tv there next to him. i don’t really like feeling like i’m stuck in bed though either.

I kind of went thru some similar issues with my hubby.
    He crashes and I have the insomnia but I hated when he wasn't in bed etc.
    I just had to let it all go and do what was best for me and respected him.
  • Loveisaiah
    Loveisaiah Posts: 51
    Options
    Let them sleep
  • epicrockstar24
    Options
    everytime he falls asleep really early or somewhere other than bed(and sometimes in bed too) i have this undying urge to take pictures of him and post them on facebook. he hates it when i do that.
  • epicrockstar24
    Options
    well crap. someone near me is lighting off fireworks. They are illegal here, but are legal a mile down the road in the next town, but whoever this is is probably on the other side of the apartment building across from mine judging by how loud they are and the fact i can see them. they are to big boom single explosion ones that sound very much like a bomb. My husband has not done well with fireworks since he got back from afghanistan, the last thing i need is for one of these booms to wake him up.
  • fShaw86
    Options

thats how i feel.

God that sucks! Been there, done that. Maybe just hang around in bed even if you don't sleep? I guess it doesn't bother him lol. He probably just likes knowing that you're physically there perhaps.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options

my ex was like that. in the end i just decided it was his own responsibility, not mine. i'm not his mother and it's not my job to control his sleep for him. it's completely unfair for him to expect you to wake him if he knows he's cranky and snaps at you if you do. if he knows he doesn't want to sleep then he should stay awake or set a nap alarm.
  • Newfie0man
    Options
    Sleep Sleep Sleep
    My beloved one
    For you need the rest
    to carry on

Wake Wake Wake
    For I am still hear
    Wake Wake Wake
    And hold me near