A Day Filled With Victories!

Options
MrsGriffin67
MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
Considering that I haven't had much sleep the past two nights, I had some really wonderful achievements today. What everyone on here would call NSV's. But I also had a scale victory, too. And yesterday marked two years since I gave up tobacco.

Let me start by telling you a little history about my journey. I lost 40 lbs using MFP back in 2011 and slowly gained it all back plus 15 lbs. I even had a consecutive streak of 680 days. I got sick back around Thanksgiving and lost my impressive streak (even though I gained all my weight back I was still checking in). By Christmas I was probably close to 230 lbs (wow, I can't believe I just told you guys that). I KNEW I had to get back on track. So at the end of December I started logging in again.

We had a long cold winter here in the Midwest and I just couldn't wait to go outside and get some fresh air and exercise. Cabin fever was really starting to set in. I was in my last semester of school, working 48 hours a week, being a wife/mother and just couldn't seem to find the time to exercise. I finished school in April (graduation ceremony is tomorrow night), my hours at work lightened a little but WINTER JUST WOULD NOT GO AWAY.

As a graduation gift my sister (who is simply THE MOST AMAZING WOMAN) bought me a BodyMedia LINK. I wear my BodyMedia LINK 24 hours a day. Once a week I take it off while I sleep to give it a full nights charge. And of course I take it off while I shower. Again, to keep a good charge, plus it is not waterproof. Trust and believe that I am waiting for the waterproof version. For those of you who are not familiar with BodyMedia, it is the armband that the contestants on The Biggest Loser wear. The BodyMedia is an FDA registered medical device that provides >90% accuracy. It measures ALL of my activities. Tells me how many calories I've burned, if I am getting adequate sleep and it is also a pedometer. This thing is AMAZING!

I have been busting my hump day in and day out. I have my diary set to 1200 calories but very rarely can I only eat 1200 calories (more like 1400-1500). I LOVE food! So in order to compensate for the "overeating", I have been diligently plugging away at exercising. Trying not to eat too many of my exercise calories back.

About mid-April I really started bumping up my exercise. I was going hiking in the state park 2-3x per week. The rain ended up washing out the trail and I had to find an alternative. So I began utilizing the city park that is basically right behind my house. Walking there and actually running up and down a small flight of 15 steps. At first I could only do about 3-5 up/down trips each way. But I have increased this to about 10 times each way.

Here is the path that I have been doing

The black line across the top of the map represents .40 miles. I am not sure if you can make that out or not.

Anyways, my scale has not wanted to budge. Although I have noticed a little change in the way my clothing fits. Today that scale moved to 205. That is so big for me. I also did SIX laps through the park. I have been slowing trying to do push-ups (man-style) and actually did two HALF push-ups. I burned 1400 calories by 10am and really didn't feel too hungry afterwards. When I closed out my diary, it said if everyday were like today I would weigh...181.7 lbs!

I just feel really incredible. I am not going to worry so much about how much I weigh, I am going to focus on getting stronger. I really wanted to be under 200 lbs by July 1st (I am going to visit my daughter and my grandbabies in DC) but I am okay with it if I don't get there. As long as my clothes keep fitting better and I feel good, that's all that matters. I WILL LEARN TO LOVE MYSELF!

Replies

• chankanaab07
    chankanaab07 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    *high five* So many reasons to celebrate!
  • lisiloulah
    lisiloulah Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Well done! 'Good luck' seems the wrong sentiment for a Graduation ceremony - but I hope you have a fabulous day tomorrow as well!

Lisa x
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Nevermind...I guess I don't know how to post pictures
  • Momof52010
    Momof52010 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Way to go. Keep up the good work
    :happy:
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Awesome on the graduation and getting your mojo back :)
  • joannajohnsonrn
    joannajohnsonrn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    We are definitely our worst critic, so try not to let the mind chatter take over.

You got this! It is not a matter of 'if you can do it', you are already DOING IT!!

Keep up the great work!!
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all :)
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You have earned it!! Keep it up and you will be at your goal in no time!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!