Jump Start weight loss???

Options
I just started on MFP about 11 days ago, and I have stuck with it!! Im loving it and the 5lbs i have already lost!!! What i want to know is, does anyone have any workout plans or advice to jump start the weight loss even more? Thanks sooo much!!

Replies

• angelascott919
    Options
    Looks to me like you have got a good jump on it as it is. Unfortunatly there is no quick fix to weight. Keep up the logging and exercising and you will be amazed at how quickly the weight will just come off. It is consistency that will keep you going in the right direction. If you are feeling weak, come here and someone will be there to support you. A slip once in a while is ok just don't let the slip become a slide in the wrong direction for too long. We all have a bad day once in a while and eat something we shouldn't. Just get back to it and keep going.

Good Luck.
  • Fiona711
    Fiona711 Posts: 17
    Options
    5 pounds in 11 days? That's awesome! :-)
  • josh6603
    josh6603 Posts: 39
    Options
    Try to include exercise a few times a week. DO NOT EAT YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES. This will go a long way in progressing your weight loss. Today is my 28th day on this site and i have lost 19 lbs. I stay within my normal allotment of calories and i try not to dig into my exercise calories. My progress is going great because of this.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    walk away the pounds is good for some one just starting out abs of steel is good if you can find richard simmons hes good a stairsteps is really good good luck i love my old exercise tapes and dvd
  • angelascott919
    Options
    Try to include exercise a few times a week. DO NOT EAT YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES. This will go a long way in progressing your weight loss. Today is my 28th day on this site and i have lost 19 lbs. I stay within my normal allotment of calories and i try not to dig into my exercise calories. My progress is going great because of this.

I soooo agree about not digging into the exercie calories. I do once in a great while but i try to stay away from them and just eat my daily allotment.
  • LindseyRenee1
    LindseyRenee1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! I have been staying away from those!! :-)
  • kaytcas
    kaytcas Posts: 3
    Options
    I agree w/the comment on not eating the calories you exercised off. I just started doing so and I feel better already.
  • VAbreeze
    VAbreeze Posts: 19
    Options
    Eat something every 3-5 hrs.This helps the metabolism. Fiber is a good start to the morning to help fill you up for the day. Drink the water! Stay away from the diet drinks & fake sugars (Agave is great!).
  • josh6603
    Options
    Eat something every 3-5 hrs.This helps the metabolism. Fiber is a good start to the morning to help fill you up for the day. Drink the water! Stay away from the diet drinks & fake sugars (Agave is great!).

I cant do it. Diet soda is king in my world. Sprite Zero owns my refrigerator.
  • king6083
    king6083 Posts: 30
    Options
    Not digging into exercise calories will generally work very well. Though if you're like me, you will find your workouts become flat or blah so to speak periodically from the constant, large negative energy balance. When that happens, I'd eat some of those exercise calories for one day and see if that helps bring the workouts back up to par.
  • josh6603
    Options
    Not digging into exercise calories will generally work very well. Though if you're like me, you will find your workouts become flat or blah so to speak periodically from the constant, large negative energy balance. When that happens, I'd eat some of those exercise calories for one day and see if that helps bring the workouts back up to par.

Absolutely. It is important to LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. I had to rearrange my calorie intake (doubled lunch calories and trimmed dinner calories) to facilitate a better workout. I no longer feel the anchor on the 3rd or 4th day of exercise.