NSV :)

Options
I started swimming again almost 2 weeks ago. But I ended up having to take this whole week off since last |Thursday because I have been taking care of my sick kitty (he needs to be force fed right now or he will die of liver failure)

he started eating on his own last night (not enough though - I still have to force feed him) and I thought I would get back to swimming today.

But then I was tired and didn't think i would get dinner eaten in time so I thought ok tomorrow I will start again. It is always so easy to be tired from work or whatever else. I knew I was procrastinating on going to the pool again - I am a great procrastinator.

But I looked at my watch after dinner and it was my usual leaving time, so instead of putting it off again I went and swam my hour :) It may not seem like much but going to the pool when I don't feel like it is big for me lol :)

Replies

• KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Go you!
  • bio01979
    bio01979 Posts: 313
    Options
    Go you!

• FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I find that after taking a short break from walking/jogging I have to literally kick my own butt out the door. I am the queen of procrastination and absolutely the best at excuses. You know..."Just a few more hours", "I will do this tomorrow when I feel better."
    Girl... I got your number... in fact you probably got it from me first!!!! LOL!

Great job getting your butt out there! :flowerforyou:
  • bio01979
    bio01979 Posts: 313
    Options
    I find that after taking a short break from walking/jogging I have to literally kick my own butt out the door. I am the queen of procrastination and absolutely the best at excuses. You know..."Just a few more hours", "I will do this tomorrow when I feel better."
    Girl... I got your number... in fact you probably got it from me first!!!! LOL!

Great job getting your butt out there! :flowerforyou:

lol ok I shall blame you then :tongue: :bigsmile:

love the avatar btw :)
  • 63hanson
    63hanson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Good for you for getting out there! And I hope your kitty gets better, I'm sure it's hard to get out an exercise when you know you have a sick one at home.
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry about your sick kitty :(

Way to go for making the commitment and getting out there and moving!! I am a great procrastinator also and I can always find an excuse NOT to workout. Keep up the good work!! :drinker:
  • gIrlChip21
    gIrlChip21 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I feel the same way a lot of the time because my job requires me to work 12 hour night shift which requires most of my day to be speant sleeping. Your story is inspiring, I hope your kitty gets better. I have one as well and I would fell horrible if he was sick. Keep up the good work
    Chip :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!