After years on here... looking for first friend

Options
elliej
elliej Posts: 466 Member
I've dipped in and out and I read posts from time to time and people just seem to add each other but in all the time I've been here I've never added a friend or looked for support here. As such, I personally don't want to just add people randomly because I don't think that's 'real' and clearly I've been quite private up until now. But how else do people get to know eachother on here?

I'm looking for people, preferably with a similar diet or situation, to share with / for motivation. SO here goes:

Me: Lifetime lacto-ovo-veggie eating 1200cal per day, 3 times a week I run between 4-5km / 2.5-3 miles and once a week do some weights machines at the gym. I've just started to eat /all/ my exercise calories and feel much better for it. Mid 20s, 5'3 / 161cm and 140pounds / 63kg (10lb lost) - goal is 120-125pounds / 55kg.
I put on weight over uni and when I got into a relationship. Initially restarted MFP in May to slim down for a holiday (had a delicious 9 days off) but now motivated to keep going and get back down to previous weight. Looking to up my calorie intake as I get closer to target weight as I'm aware that the 1200 is not a long term diet solution. 'Guilty secret': I've kept a steady stream of treats at the expense of healthier meals/snacks as I know I wouldn't stick to a total exlusion diet so don't acutually feel guilty about it...!

Replies

• Sarahmay03
    Sarahmay03 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello, we have a fair bit in common! I am also 63kg and trying to get to 55. I run and lift also. Are you Australian?

I also share your guilty secret with keeping treats about the place ;) Feel free to add me if you would like!
  • abbyherrington
    Options
    Hi there!

I have been using MFP for a while but have just recently become a dedicated user. I'm 19 years old, with similar weight loss goals. My strategy has been a 1400 calorie maintainable diet with lots of sports as fun exercise that makes it easier to burn off a ton of calories. I also do a lot of bodyweight exercises to tone. Feel free to add me if you like as I also have been wondering how people make friends on here.
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Hello! It's odd, some people just seem to get on and make a ton of friends really easily on here, I suppose you get used to seeing certain faces on the forums.

I never really thought about starting team sports, maybe that'd be a good way to change up my running sched.
  • svr1964
    svr1964 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi~I just joined MFP yesterday. Had been on WW for close to a year and it just didn't work for me as well. I'm a good bit older than most of those who've posted here at 48, but have many of the same goals. This site has given me 1400 calories a day, which seems high. I also exercise a lot and am trying to get 8 pounds off. Would welcome any mutual support!
    Have a weakness for junk food~~but trying to let that go!