Please dont give up

Options
I wanted to write something real short for those of you who my trying to lose weight and feel like the weight lost is just not happening no matter how much exercise you do or how much calorie counting you do. This is my second time around on this journey this time its for life and and my body has through me for a loop. When I was 17 I lost 55 pounds by basically doing a low carb diet and exercising. This time I have done all sorts of things and my body will not let go of more than 3.5 pounds every two weeks. So heres some info and im gonna number it so ya'll can understand

1. Two weeks ago I tried low carb, high protein( basically the induction phase for south beach diet, I lost 5lbs in one week. The second week I gained 2 pounds back. I gave up. Through that time I was very tired during my worikout sessions at the gym, (that's where the carbs would of kicked in and gave me energy FYI)

2. I followed my regular routine that Ive been doing since November 2012 which is my mfp calorie limit and exercised. I lost one pound in a week. The next week I did the same however about three days in that week I ate the foodes that ive stopped eating. Some are fries, homemade fried chicken tenders, pizza rolls etc. Basically not my norm protien veggies, low carb. In that week I lost 2.5 pounds.

]
My conclusion and a very happy I must say is that my body no longer reacts well to low carb,. It doesn't even react well to the same amount of calories daily. Every now and then I will have to go back to old eating or at least up my calories to make my body confused.

The moral is do not give up because you don't see the progress everyone else has. Our bodies are not all the same and does not react the same to everything,. There are many ways to lose weight and such and such ways may not work for your body. Keep going and through this journey if you realize and make it your journey you will learn what works for your body. I wish ya'll much success.

Replies

• TheKidd2013
    TheKidd2013 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Getting up and reading your post put things in perspective for me a little. Thank you for that extra push I needed to realize. I didn't take me overnight to gain all this wait, it's not going to be overnight I am gonna lose it either! I've been teetering back and forth lately and this was the extra encouragement I needed. I added you as a friend hope you don't mind!