Need some sweet treats...please :)

WarmDontBurn
WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
I have a terrible sweet tooth and so far it hasn't really bothered me. Tonight however I am craving something sweet. I just want something super quick, easy and not a lot of ingredients. If there was cake in my fridge now I would probably have to chain myself to the couch :( I am all for cheesecake and stuff but I don't want to have to work to hard for it plus at the moment I have limited groceries.

Replies

• how bout air popped popcorn sprayed with either very light oil or even slightly dampend with water or milk and then sprinkled with stevia & cinnamon
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    I am addicted to sliced apple with 100% natural peanut butter right now. It might not be super sweet like cake but im so addicted i'd take it over a slice of cake any day! I also seen someone posted a recipe for homemade ice cream. reading the instructions it looked like it wouldn't take long to make.. i haven't tried myself though but i am planning on it soon.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/108713-homemade-ice-cream-under-100-cals-you-bet
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Fat free or lite Cool whip on fruit or whatever.
  • bsexton3
    bsexton3 Posts: 472 Member
    For 133 calories each, I make Ellie Krieger Energy Bars from the Food Network. Instead of their dates, raisins and other dried fruit, I use Costco's Dried Fruit Blend. And, instead of maple syrup, I use honey. Are quick and easy to make, and I have one at the office if I know I am going to exercise later in the day, I can have one at 10 in the morning with coffee. Or, if I have 100 or so calories left, I can have one at bed time. BTW, they last for a couple of weeks.
  • SouthernBell86
    SouthernBell86 Posts: 275 Member
    I have been eating prunes a lot lately. They are super sweet, healthy, and no prep time at all. Oh, and I'm a big fan of unsweetened applesauce. You can have half a cup for 50 calories, add a few raisins if you feel like it.

If I specifically want something with chocolate, I use a tablespoon of Nutella on sliced apples. It is rich with chocolate flavor, plus you get good hazelnut butter nutrients and protein.

Eating those things fairly regularly has literally made my cravings for cookies, and cakes disappear. I still occasionally want chocolate ice cream, so I keep some around and have 1/2 a cup on days I do more exercise. Not even once a week though :)
  • millesun
    millesun Posts: 209 Member
    I like no sugar added popsicles.....you can find them for 25 calories or 80 calories...oh and I just found Crystal light has popsicles for 15 calories.
  • ashley_h10
    ashley_h10 Posts: 110 Member
    my new thing that has helped me stave off ice cream is frozen blueberries! one cup of them is only like 60 cals! you can sprinkle sugar or something on top if it isnt sweet enough, but i like the subtle flavor and the iciness of them :) Kinda like a Popsicle
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    fat free or lowest cal cool whip or whip cream or dessert topping - 2 tbspoons between 2 low fat graham wafers and freeze.
  • eva512
    eva512 Posts: 92 Member
    I am a ice cream freak and refuse to give it up ,so I eat SKINNY COW ice cream sandwiches 140 cals and oohh soo good:bigsmile:

Also the original FUDGSICLES low fat 60 cals:happy:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    :tongue: Rinse some green grapes and toss em' in the freezer, YUM-O
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    I have a terrible sweet tooth and so far it hasn't really bothered me. Tonight however I am craving something sweet. I just want something super quick, easy and not a lot of ingredients. If there was cake in my fridge now I would probably have to chain myself to the couch :( I am all for cheesecake and stuff but I don't want to have to work to hard for it plus at the moment I have limited groceries.
    1/2 c. of regular ice cream beats out the fake stuff anyday and is far healthier than unknown chemicals. :sick: Portion size it and you're able to enjoy whatever treat you'd like, just log and be sure you're at the point it doesn't trigger you! It's real life, you CAN enjoy a treat this is for the long haul, careful & don't cut yourself off too much from what's out there that you enjoy or you're setting yourself up for a binge. We've all done it, been there and it ain't pretty. :glasses:

Learn from our mistakes :tongue: :wink:
  • jerjan
    jerjan Posts: 33 Member
    Some Dates!! : P Sweet and all Natural!!
  • bsexton thanks for sharing the energy bars and replacement ideas

i found the site
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/energy-bars-recipe/index.html
  • 29bubbles
    29bubbles Posts: 126 Member
    I just discovered chocolate almond milk... Oh My! That's so good stuff. I'm looking forward to heating it up in the winter for my hot cocoa fix.

I do love chocolate in general... & from MFP advice I got some 72% cocoa dark chocolate squares... those are very good. When I'm really, really in a place where I need something stronger.. a hersey chocolate bar has 210 cals. Not super terrible... I just have to eat it really slow, and not infront of the tv or newspaper. I've found by doing other things while eating, I don't even remember what I ate or how much and that's not good at all.
  • Raina0512
    Raina0512 Posts: 216
    I like to cut up some strawberries (7-8) and a half of a banana and put them in a bowl - THEN drizzle sugar free chocolate syrup on top.

:love:

LOW CALORIE + AMAZING!!!
  • I like to cut up some strawberries (7-8) and a half of a banana and put them in a bowl - THEN drizzle sugar free chocolate syrup on top.

This sounds great!! I didnt know they had sugar free chocolate syrup!!! Im going on the hunt for it today!!
  • I've got myself addicted to chocolate banana bites. Someone posted it here somewhere, it's just bananas cut up, and then dipped in chocolate. You freeze them, and it takes most of the banana flavor away so it's more like a popsicle. YUM!

I also like yogurt covered raisins from Sunmaid. 1/4 for 120 cals or something like that. They are small so it looks like you get alot, which is a big help for me.

Fudsicle makes a 60 cal pop that's yummy too.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    I have a major sweet tooth and I allow myself to have a few small sweet things every day. Right now it's Andes Mints- they are 25 calories each and I usually have one after lunch and one after dinner. That usually takes care of my cravings. Also Duncan Hines has those tiny one serving microwavable cake mixes. I think the smallest option has about 130 calories. They're probably loaded with sugar but I think it's okay to be a little bad sometimes!
This discussion has been closed.