Seafood Recipes Please!

Options
JSA17
JSA17 Posts: 81 Member
Does anyone have any good seafood recipes? Aside from garlic butter?

Especially shrimp.

Thanks!

Replies

• Joanitude
    Joanitude Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    For pretty much any fish - my favorite is also the simplest: lemon juice, salt & pepper, either oven baked (dryer) or microwaved (moister) depending on the mood.

Shrimp can generally go into any recipe that would call for chicken meat: stir fry, pasta, etc. Just have to be careful and not over cook it.
  • ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I love seafood. I toss unpeeled shrimp with olive oil, a little salt and a little honey roast them under the broiler. Then I peel them to serve them. Quick and tasty.

Now that it's summer, I cook fish on the grill on a little piece heavy foil to keep it in piece. I top it with fresh salsa.
  • Elianne1275
    Options
    Pampered Chef has a spice called Chile Lime Rub, I rub a little EVOO on tilapia sprinkle that spice on it and a little grated parmesan cheese, bake at 400 for 12mins. It is my new favorite dish! I've had it twice this week!
  • KaraAlste
    KaraAlste Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My neighbor/friend is a fisherman and always bringing over lobster. I use it in sandwiches chilled with the mayo, a little salt, pepper and onion. Soups and salads are my favorite way to go with seafood.
  • SRECNAZVEZDA
    Options
    Hi,

this is a yummy recipe. We all love it. maybe looks strange to you a combination of tastes, but is great.

http://www.squidoo.com/hake-fillet-with-parmesan-cheese
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    i was served some salmon last week that was fantastic. I watched it be prepared. Lemon juice, couple shots of Worcestershire, s&p, and brown sugar. it marinated for maybe 20 mins. It was then grilled. It wasn't this super fancy sauce it just seemed to elevate the salmon. The salmon was purchased a couple hours before marinating it.

the above would work for shrimp but if you Are really into shrimp try ceviche. It makes the healthiest and best tasting shrimp ever. You do have a longer prep as I prefer it to marinade all day or overnight.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    My Scampi/Alfredo with shrimp:

A bunch of shrimp (however many you want, just make sure they still have the shells)
    1/4 cup Coconut Oil
    Lemon (zested and juiced)
    1 tsp Dijon Mustard
    2 minched Garlic Cloves
    Pinch Red Pepper Flakes
    Pinch of Tarragon (fresh or dried)
    Salt and Pepper
    1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt
    1/2 box Whole Grain Spaghetti

Shell the shrimp and put the shells in a pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Remove the shells and cook your whole grain pasta in your homemade shrimp stock for added flavor.

To make the marinade, mix the coconut oil, lemon juice and zest, dijon mustard, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss with the shrimp. Put in the fridge and let it sit for 20-40 minutes. Brown both sides of the shrimp in a pan on high heat (slightly undercook them, so about a a minute on each side if they're large) and set aside. Pour the remaining marinade in the pan and heat through. Turn off the heat and add the cooked pasta, shrimp, yogurt, and a ladle full of the shrimpy pasta water. Cover and let it blend together on medium low heat for about 1 minute. Serve up! This is enough for about 4-6 people depending on how much they want.
  • anitasongs
    anitasongs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    will try this
    I just make garlic scampi with olive oil, oregano, garlic and lemon and angel hair low carb pasta.
    Awesome, quick and delicious
  • anitasongs
    anitasongs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I just make garlic scampi with olive oil, oregano, garlic and lemon and angel hair low carb pasta.
    Awesome, quick and delicious
  • Melizabeth84
    Melizabeth84 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    bump
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Crab Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
    This recipe is for 2 portobello mushroom caps, but depending on their size it could be more or less, I doubled the recipe and filled 8 caps.

Ingredients-
    1 cup crab meat
    1/2 cup cream cheese
    1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
    1/2 cup green onions, chopped
    4 tablespoons parmesan
    2 portobello mushroom caps
    1/2 cup breadcrumbs
    Cooking spray

Directions-
    1. Preheat oven to 375F.
    2. Combine crabmeat, cream cheese, parsley, onions and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
    3. Stuff mushrooms with mixture and top with breadcrumbs. Spray tops with cooking spray to help them brown.
    4. Bake for 20 minuntes or until filling is hot and melted.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/coliemariealessi
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,733 Member
    Options
    My Chinese mom's fish dish is the best thing she taught me.

Fish Bonne Femme, Chinese style

A bunch of spring onions, chopped fine
    A cubic inch of fresh ginger, diced fine
    Fish for 4 (could be whole carp, frozen tilapia filets, whole salmon trouts, anything not breaded actually)
    A dash of soy sauce
    A dash of wine/sherry/mirin
    A pinch of sugar
    Juice of half a lemon
    Salt to taste
    1/4 cup of olive oil.

Cook the fish by poaching in acidulated water or microwaving until just about done. Arrange in a serving dish with rim, and cover with ginger and green onions. Add all the wet ingredients on top, except the oil. Up to here, this can all be done in advance. When ready to serve bring the serving dish to the table, and heat up the oil until smoking. Carefully pour the hot oil over the sauce mixture to contact fry and blend the flavours. A lot of dramatic sizzling sounds will ensue.
  • taycheese
    taycheese Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cmkile1003
    cmkile1003 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I just had some grilled shrimp, that I sprayed with Pam(olive oil) sprinkled garlic powder and old bay. I put them on a salad and it was delish!! yum yum yum. I got my seafood fix and a healthy salad. Perfect!
  • cagefan
    cagefan Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I make seafood fajitas - cube up some fish, shrimp, crab and coat with a little water and fajita seasonings, one baked thru put it in low carb tortilla and some shredded cabbage!!
  • estherlion
    estherlion Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Make Shrimp Ceviche. I do the same with a bag of tilapia fish. Just boil for a few minutes, drain, and rinse with cold water. Add one small diced white onion, one diced tomatoe, one cup finally chopped cilantro, two diced jalapenos, 4-5 limes juiced, salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Put over tostadas or lettuce wraps. I also add an avocado tomatillo salsa that is easy to make. One large can of tomatillos drained, 10 to 12 toasted chile de arbol (toast in a little olive oil then drain), one large avocado, garlic salt and blend. I like my food spicy, the tex mex in me.
  • JSA17
    JSA17 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    These are all great! Thank you so much everyone, I'm definitely going to try these :)