cant seem to lose the weight!!!

Start dieting 3 weeks ago ...lost 4lb..past week I bave been power walking and keeping under my calorie limit but just havent lost anonce...what wrong..feeling very deflated....I weigh 149lbs and am 5ft 2..aged 51

Replies

• southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Don't feel discouraged. Sometimes our bodies will hit a plateau. Our bodies eventually adjust to a diet and exercise routine. Try upping the intensity of your workout to give your body a new challenge. Maybe even incorporates some weights.
  • Dawnog
    Dawnog Posts: 39 Member
    Its hard to keep motivated, but make sure you eat your calorie allowance, not eating enough will stop you loosing weight. When I first started running to loose weight I actually put on 7lbs as I was toning up, but it came off quite quickly and another 2 stone. So keep up with the good work that weight will soon start to come off. Good luck
  • Start dieting 3 weeks ago ...lost 4lb..past week I bave been power walking and keeping under my calorie limit but just havent lost anonce...what wrong..feeling very deflated....I weigh 149lbs and am 5ft 2..aged 51

It's hard for anyone to help you without seeing your food diary.
  • haidos
    haidos Posts: 69
    Just keep at it.
  • supermumincanada
    supermumincanada Posts: 59 Member
    Can't see your food diary but you need to make sure you're eating all your calorie allowance plus exercise calories or you will stop losing weight xo
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Just keep at it.

Be patient. It's only been 3 weeks, you lost 4 pounds already. Just have faith in the method! It's not a sprint, but a long relay race. Sometimes we can do everything right, every day consistently, and our body still lose weight in spurts. (Or, at least, mine does).
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Start dieting 3 weeks ago ...lost 4lb..past week I bave been power walking and keeping under my calorie limit but just havent lost anonce...what wrong..feeling very deflated....I weigh 149lbs and am 5ft 2..aged 51

You've been only at it for 3 weeks. Give it time. How much under are you eating??
  • alt1268
    alt1268 Posts: 159 Member
    First we can't help u with ur diary being closed. Second have u figured out your tdee?
  • BevBasil
    BevBasil Posts: 37 Member
    Sometimes I'll go for weeks without the scale moving even though I am doing everything I should. Then I'll drop pounds quick for a couple of weeks. When you first start working out your muscles will also hold extra water while they repair themselves. Stick to it.....it will happen.
  • Bigfathen12
    Bigfathen12 Posts: 2 Member
    I always tell myself, if you keep doing good things, good things will happen. And they do. Sometimes you'll have a few weeks when nothing appears to be happening (or worse, you put on weight), but then... bam.. you'll have a big weight loss. Unless there's something medically wrong with you, if you eat broadly within your calorie targets, it is impossible not to lose weight in the medium to long term.
  • SandyC04
    SandyC04 Posts: 32
    I try to remind my self that this weight took much longer than a few weeks to put on and it is going to take time and effort to come off! Everyone is different but I know for myself I tend to retain water weight so I am keeping my sodium intake to 1500 a day and try to drink lots of water (goal for me is 8 glasses a day)... Stick to you plan and you will get results! Good Luck!!!
  • angelawinston1
    angelawinston1 Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks for all the advice. . Its really given me motivation. ...I have just changed the settings on my dairy so you can see what jam eating. ... all advice greatly appreciated xxxxxxxx Angela
  • angelawinston1
    Just opened my dairy now. .. didn't know that option was there. . Thanks. .xxxxx
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Angela,
    the food diary is still closed. Under settings, select diary settings, scroll on the bottom and select public, and then click on save. Also can you give us your current weight and height? Do you do any exercise? What type/time length? Do you go to a gym, or you do them at home? Do you have any movement restrictions like you can not walk, run a lot, etc. Do you weigh yur food on a scale? Do you log everything that enters your mouth, even if it is a taste?
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    3 weeks - 4 pounds! That pretty much right on target and where you need to be to lose at a healthy pace. Rapid weight loss = muscle and bone loss. Losing at a slower pace is much better for your overall health. Plus you're more likely to keep the weight off that way. Also at your age (I'm 54 so belive me I know).......strength training, body weight exercises, lifting weights and calisthenics is the way to go!! And of course cardio is important too!! Best wishes :flowerforyou:
  • ruthbean123
    ruthbean123 Posts: 4 Member
    I am in the same boat. I think I'm doing everything right but have been unable to lose more than about 3 pounds since I started 6 weeks ago. I am doing lots of cardio and an doing strength training with a trainer twice a week. Body fat is going down a lot but my weight is not. I wonder if it is the make up of the calories I am consuming that is a problem. Too many carbs? Any advice is really appreciated.
  • angelawinston1
    Angela,
    the food diary is still closed. Under settings, select diary settings, scroll on the bottom and select public, and then click on save. Also can you give us your current weight and height? Do you do any exercise? What type/time length? Do you go to a gym, or you do them at home? Do you have any movement restrictions like you can not walk, run a lot, etc. Do you weigh yur food on a scale? Do you log everything that enters your mouth, even if it is a taste?
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    If you have been accurately logging your food, then many days you have been undereating. Vegetables and fruits are virtually absent from your diet. Try to eat at least 1 banana or apple, or peach or whatever fruit you like per day. Add fresh green salad with the meat, instead of eating it plain. For exercise, you can start by doing the Leslie Sansone walk at home, and you can use cans or water bottles for weights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df2gn6-w0dE

And try scoobie's to have an idea how many calories you should be eating, always stay above the TDEE and try to lose 1 lb per week.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • angelawinston1
    Angela,
  • mtnhiker1
    mtnhiker1 Posts: 114 Member
    An observation I had today - be very wary of the calorie counts on this site - I looked at bacon (for instance) and 1 slice of bacon ranged from 25 calories to 100 calories. I read the labels of the food I cook, and if correct on this site I use that count - otherwise I use the quick calorie tool (no count on carbs, salt, sugar etc) that way I am getting the calorie count correct.