anyone else eating Gluten free (GF)? recipes? support

Options
i do not have celiacs but do have gluten sensitivity. i am on week 9 of a strict gluten and dairy free diet to see how gluten affects me neurologically. gluten sensitivity can cause irritability, mood swings, depression all of which i suffer from.

my mental state has been so much better!! clear mind, energy, less mood swings (i am diagnosed and take medication for with mood disorder).

as an addd bonus this new way of eating has helped me start dropping off some weight. more to get rid of.

in SHORT, I FEEL MOTIVATED.

wondering if anyone else eating GF. always looking for recipes.

peace

Replies

• erikalanem
    erikalanem Posts: 48
    Options
    I do eat gluten, but i love the recipes of glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I am celiac so we are 100% gluten free. Feel free to add me I have my diary open to friends and can send you my pintrest board for gluten free meals we make.
  • lilcassers
    lilcassers Posts: 163
    Options
    Yes. I do not have an allergy but I went gluten and flour free in order for my abs to come in. I have had success but ya have to get creative with recipes, that's for sure :)
  • xxmzangel
    xxmzangel Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I eat mostly gluten free, or at least try to. Mainly because I just feel better when I don't eat it. Anyways, I came upon this site this morning: http://www.yammiesglutenfreedom.com/
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Check out the MFP group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/112-gluten-free

I'm sure you'll find some good stuff in there.
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I have been gluten free for awhile now. I did it for pretty much the same reasons you did. I feel better for it.

My friends came over and gave me some delicious bagels. I haven't had bagels in almost a year. So I had a few....more like three. Then I got sick. I'm not celiac,just gluten sensitive.

Silly me. Needless to say I won't be doing that again in a hurry!!
  • Veslus
    Veslus Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    If you're gluten free and dairy free, look into paleo recipes. =) There's a ton of delicious ones out there.

My girlfriend and I eat paleo so I know how tricky it can be when you're not sure where to look. But a few Google searches and you should be good!