Any other bar exam takers?

Options
ahadj
ahadj Posts: 257 Member
I know this is kind of a long shot, but ... any other recent law school grads studying for the bar this summer? This is such a uniquely challenging situation (in every aspect!) and it would be great to have others to share the whole, "I'm not giving up my weight loss goals despite this summer of hell" aspect of it. :)

Replies

• singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I got called to the bar 3 years ago (yikes - time flies!). The best thing you can do for yourself is eat healthy and exercise. Helps with the stress. Law is an extremely stressful profession - they don't teach you how to deal with that in law school. I learned the hard way. Take the time to take care of yourself because it will catch up to you quickly. Study, get lots of sleep and you'll do great :)
  • FastFriend
    FastFriend Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good luck on the bar! My daughter took it in February and just got sworn in. Now the hunt for a legal job. I took the bar exam 27 years ago but I can still remember the stress. To relieve stress, I took walks with my 3 mo. old - the one who just took the bar. You can do it. Whenever things get to you just get up and take a short walk - ever just a couple of minutes. I think it helps your concentration and will help remind you of your goals.
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Thank you, ladies. :)