Confused and a little upset

Options
I have only posted a couple of topics on here before so please bare with me. I am very confused about my calories and diet I feel like I am working my *kitten* off but I am seeing very little results. Before I begin, here is my info
I am a female, 5'3, 150 pounds I eat about 1400 calories everyday and I workout for at least one hour every day using Fitnessblender. I can not for the life of me get past 149 pounds. When I started MFP I was 180 pounds, I ate 1200 calories and within six months I had lost 30 pounds but now I cant drop the weight. I'm working out harder and longer, I'm eating more than I was I just do not get it. I want to lose at least 20-25 pounds more and I want to do it before Christmas (I'd settle for 10 before Christmas) but I can't see what I am doing wrong, I think I may be eating too little but eating more scares me. I recently read in place of a road map and upped my calories to 1600 (160 g of carbs, 53 g fat, and 120 g of protein) Now I cant seem to get enough calories without going over in carbs. Any and all advice would be much appreciated and I am sorry if a post like this has been posted a zillion times.

Replies

• froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    hang in there. are you doing strength training at all? i started a while back and actually put weight on at first (yes i need to watch my calories more closely). anyways, my weight still hasn't budged much, but my looks are improving.

maybe you should ditch the scale and swap it for a measuring tape. start a strength routine and make sure you get your protein. Carbs aren't the devil, but it takes protein to build muscle, and muscle burns the fat for you :wink:

if you strength train (with intensity), you're probably safe to eat up to 2000 calories and maintain your weight - i just pulled that number out of my hat, do some research before you follow it. try a TDEE calculator and eat at or up to 15% below it - every day, and not eat back exercise calories.
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying! And yes I am doing strength training. I wouldn't mind staying 150 pounds if everything would just .... tighten up if that makes sense lol I am just feeling so hopeless today!
  • stepgrah
    stepgrah Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Don't feel hopeless. You are doing great and indeed it will all begin to come together. Feel happey that you are fit and enjoy doing your exercises. The change in shape will come automatically as a benefit.

Good Luck :-)
  • autniccole
    autniccole Posts: 36
    Options
    I agree with froeschli, ditch the scale! I had a week I was SUPER down because I hadn't lost anything more than a couple ounces but then when I looked in the mirror, I could see the difference

tumblr_mowdwjTwWZ1s9of6no1_500.jpg

Those two photos are only around 2 pounds apart!
  • tmblastquads
    Options
    patience...slow and gradual progress.
    Keep track on daily, and just look back 4 weeks from now. You will see the progress that you made.
    You just can't tell day to day or week to week, but if you look back 8 weeks ago, huge progress.
  • Susieout
    Susieout Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    The more u lose the less calories you need. So I'm surprised you've increased your calories.
  • WhitneySheree88
    Options
    I increased only after 2 months of the scale not moving and reading countless posts about under eating .. I thought MAYBE since I started working out longer and harder I was under eating ... so I should drop back down to 1200?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Are you using a food scale?
  • WhitneySheree88
    Options
    Yes I am using a food scale I measure EVERYTHING lol
  • OkaNekko
    OkaNekko Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You should never eat below your BMR. If you have started strength training, your body needs the calories (specifically protein) to build muscle. Eat correctly, exercise, and trust that your body is making changes the right way. It will happen!
  • rosellasweet
    rosellasweet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    So, you INCREASED calories and then stopped losing. Hmmmm. Puzzling. What. To. Do.

I upped my calories from 1200 to 1600 and started losing more...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    How long has it been since you increased calories?
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I was in the same situation for about 7-8 mos. I couldn't get past 150! I'm 5'2" and I say change your routine. Once I started logging in more miles with my runs the scale budged. I ate differently. As of yesterday, 144 and I have about 30 lbs left to lose!
  • WhitneySheree88
    Options
    About a month (actually a few days under a month)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    if you're working out hard for a full hour 5+ days per week 1400 calories is actually pretty low
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories at all?
  • WhitneySheree88
    Options
    I don't have a HRM so I usually eat back about half of what mfp of fitnessblender says I would have burned.
  • hungryhobbit1
    hungryhobbit1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I have only posted a couple of topics on here before so please bare with me. I am very confused about my calories and diet I feel like I am working my *kitten* off but I am seeing very little results. Before I begin, here is my info
    I am a female, 5'3, 150 pounds I eat about 1400 calories everyday and I workout for at least one hour every day using Fitnessblender. I can not for the life of me get past 149 pounds. When I started MFP I was 180 pounds, I ate 1200 calories and within six months I had lost 30 pounds but now I cant drop the weight. I'm working out harder and longer, I'm eating more than I was I just do not get it. I want to lose at least 20-25 pounds more and I want to do it before Christmas (I'd settle for 10 before Christmas) but I can't see what I am doing wrong, I think I may be eating too little but eating more scares me. I recently read in place of a road map and upped my calories to 1600 (160 g of carbs, 53 g fat, and 120 g of protein) Now I cant seem to get enough calories without going over in carbs. Any and all advice would be much appreciated and I am sorry if a post like this has been posted a zillion times.

Do you know your body fat %? You might not have that much left to lose.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Please don't feel hopeless. I am glad I saw your post today because I have been feeling the same way. This is a mind game, a trick, just keep telling yourself what I'm telling myself. Keep at it, it will work. I am working on upping my calories too, its scary, but its going to pay off.