Starting MFP (again)

Options
Hi all,
My name is Jess. The only time i have seen the scale go backwards is by using MFP. I stopped logging quite a long time ago to focus on getting pregnant but that is an ongoing goal that has not been met. In the meantime, i'm tired of gaining weight every month that goes by and hoping something will change. here's to me putting in actual effort and starting on my journey. Last time I was committed to MFP I lost 15 pounds. This time I want to lose 30 pounds. and then some. but for now - 30 pounds.

I don't have alot of friends and family that I can relate to and who can relate to me. So I would love to gain some friends on this site and gain (or lose?) from their encouragement and in return I can promise to be enthusiastic and supportive back.

-Jess

Replies

• mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Hey Jess...I'm restarting my MFP journey again as well. Feel free to add me.
  • dyevine
    dyevine Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Restarting my goal to fitness- and possibly pregnancy some time in the near future!! Friend me!
  • isuuniui
    isuuniui Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm starting MFP again, but this time with determination. I lost some weight using MFP the first time and then became complacent thinking I could cheat a little here and there......wrong.....so I'm back at it. Would love to add friends and be a motivator for each other. I really think this is a great place to get support!!! :bigsmile: Feel free to friend me.
  • focusedonskinny
    Options
    Hey Jess! Im a repeat offender too...honestly I didnt give it a chance because I didnt like logging everyday but now that Im back at it, I really like seeing the progress...good luvk this time around!!!
  • chaznap
    chaznap Posts: 20
    Options
    dd me jess im very supportive
  • SRB8710
    SRB8710 Posts: 90
    Options
    Same here! Restarting! I lost 60 pounds on here before then started working at a restaurant and gained back 30! So now I am on here again determined to keep it off! Add me too! :)
  • emilyamanda2308
    Options
    Hey!! I started back with MFP on Monday and had a great week, lost all the weight I wanted to this time last year and now I'm right back where I started because I stopped using it! That'll teach me!

Good luck :)
  • VickiDiane22
    VickiDiane22 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You can friend me. I'm on all the time trying to encourage all my friends.:drinker:
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My fitness pal definitely works~! But it only works with accountability and conviction, I am actually going to re do my entire friends list because it seems to have become more like a facebooky site and I need the accountability and encouragement, I have gained back almost 20 pounds and lost my drive if you will,its no ones fault but my own, time to revamp and get back to the place I was a year ago! join me??
  • FitCoachShawn
    FitCoachShawn Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Welcome to myfitnesspal! Here are a couple links to our support groups and motivational pages! Hope you enjoy!
    https://www.facebook.com/shawn.carrier.399
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/14158-lean-on-me
    Shawn
  • neverthejess
    neverthejess Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for the encouragement! I hope I get to see more of you guys on here and you guys will see more of me!
  • Kushy8
    Kushy8 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm on here every day. Always looking to motivate others and be motivated myself. Feel free to add me! Best wishes on your journey!
  • BabyGrl726
    BabyGrl726 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Im just came back as well after about an almost year long hiatus.....add me if you like.
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I am starting over today as well and going to update all my numbers and clean my friends list out to only supportive friends. I would love to give and receive support.
  • rosegal23
    rosegal23 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Jess!

Great job at restarting. :) I've recently restarted a bit too. :)
  • Catvish
    Catvish Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I started over yesterday ????. I've been using this site off and on for a couple years now. I'd love to have more MFP friends to help with motivation. The more the merrier to help keep me accountable. Add me please ☺
  • sunflowergarden1128
    Options
    Hi,
    Re-starting MFP again but with a different viewpoint. Feel free to add me and good luck.

C
  • Kurrsteee
    Kurrsteee Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've started MFP about 6 times now. Last time I managed a 42lbs loss and put 10lb on in the 2 months I was gone, so I definitely understand! Feel free to add. :)
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I'm back too. Sigh - I logged off b/c I was too addicted and I started a new job and didn't want MFP to hinder that....plus it was starting to get more like fb and I need something different. So I am back with new determination!!!
  • bstoebner
    bstoebner Posts: 10
    Options
    Here I am AGAIN-after over a year of doing nothing physically and eating whatever I want. I need to lose at least 20lbs to get back to a healthy weight and so I don't have to buy a whole new wardrobe! Difficult for me because I am addicted to food- I love eating!
    Food is definately my drug of choice and I need an intervention! Time to get off the couch and start moving! Good luck to everyone on their personal journey to a healthier life!