CALIFORNIA HEAT WAVe~~~~~~~~~~108 DEGREES!~!~!

Options
Just a reminder.......I live in the Central Valley of CA - it is 108 degrees here RIGHT NOW. If you live where it is hot, please be sure to check on your elderly, handicapped folks, keep your kiddles inside and be sure that your animals have plenty of water.......I know that alot of peeps have AC (I do not....we have swamp cooler). But just a walk out to the mailbox can prove to be too much. Offer to get the mail, go to the store or run errands for these folks..................................make it a check on your buddy day.

Ok, thats it.....getting off the box and putting the megaphone down...gotta go check on my neighbor.

:drinker:

Replies

• JustJudy
    JustJudy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I hear you! It's been in the triple digits in central Texas! We got a 'cool front' today and only made it to a high of 98!! LOL Great advice!:happy:
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    it's gross isn't it. Thanks for the reminder abou the elderly and pets ;)
  • sorellabella
    sorellabella Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Southern Cali is an oven too! Great megaphone shout out, it is a great reminder to all!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    We finally broke out streak here, we had 29 days over 100 before the heat index in a row, and some days with heat indexs of 110+..
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    This heat wave sucks out here in So Cal. i usually sit in my car to read a good book @ lunch and I had to stay in the breakroom today.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Yes please do I live in southern calif also and we got the rain clouds so its really hot and really humid. It feels like it did when I went to Alabama got off the plane and went to get a car and wowza sweat galore
  • Herewego
    Herewego Posts: 49
    Options
    I am sure it is really hot and can be difficult for some people but I kind of envy you: South West England, rain rain rain and more rain and only 55 degrees, tell m if I am wrong but I thought we were in August!

HWG :happy:
  • Maggie1960
    Maggie1960 Posts: 322
    Options
    I am sure it is really hot and can be difficult for some people but I kind of envy you: South West England, rain rain rain and more rain and only 55 degrees, tell m if I am wrong but I thought we were in August!

HWG :happy:

Hahahaha, try North West England - it's even worse. gale force winds and torrential rain, it's like flippin' November, not August! Of course with a bank holiday weekend coming up, we should be used to it eh?
    Weather forecast today "cloudy and damp with outbreaks of rain":frown:

All you ladies in America, keep cool and look after yourselves. I have recently had 2 weeks holiday in Egypt and it was 111 degrees in the shade - my poor English constitution found it hard going, thank goodness for the swim-up pool bar!:laugh:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    please tell me that it will cool down this weekend.