help...too much sugar

Options
I am very new to this, but find that all my number are good except sugar which is always over my guideline. Any suggestions?
Which fruits are the lowest in sugar?

thanks.
Karen

Replies

• Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I have seen people say that you don't have to worry too much about sugar from fruits, but should cut down the processed sugars. I always tend to go over on sugar because of fruit too. But I no longer worry too much.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I know there are 1000 threads on this, but I'd like to 'bump' because I'm in the same situation. I eat great all day but my sugar is always over, and usually by a lot. I eat 1/2 cup raspberries here, 1/2 cup blueberries there, and maybe some watermelon. But that's where a huge chunk of my sugar intake comes from. Hope someone can give you good advice!
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I have seen people say that you don't have to worry too much about sugar from fruits, but should cut down the processed sugars. I always tend to go over on sugar because of fruit too. But I no longer worry too much.

^^^This. I don't go hog-wild on fruit, but while it's in season, I'm enjoying it in moderation. Don't worry so much about fruit sugars.
  • Cinner29
    Cinner29 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I customized my settings, removing sugar and adding fiber instead. It drove me mad seeing the finger wagging tracker every time I had a couple of pieces of fruit that put me over the daily "allowance" before I even finished breakfast. I don't eat too much sugar, and since it's arbitrarily set very low which I can't change, I just removed it from the line-up.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I customized my settings, removing sugar and adding fiber instead. It drove me mad seeing the finger wagging tracker every time I had a couple of pieces of fruit that put me over the daily "allowance" before I even finished breakfast. I don't eat too much sugar, and since it's arbitrarily set very low which I can't change, I just removed it from the line-up.

You can change it (under change goals -> custom) if you want -- but I also track fiber instead. I have not found cutting sugar from fruit and dairy to be necessary.
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Stop eating so much fruit.

That's how that works.

It's over rated.

Eat more veggies.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options

THIS is probably the most clearly stated post on this topic ever. Excellent!!
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Stop eating so much fruit.

That's how that works.

It's over rated.

Eat more veggies.

On an average day, the only fruit I eat is banana, but i eat lots of veggie sticks!
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    metabolic difference between "good" and "bad" sugars?