Options
Hi!
I am Karen and I am new to this site. I have a friend who uses it and she has lost a lot weight. I am inspired by her.
K.

Replies

• kreg0436
    kreg0436 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello to all, I am Kreg and i am here to have some good conversation and discussion with all of you. Please accept my request...
  • smullins4
    smullins4 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi all
    I have just joined and am declaring a new day and healthier life!! Looking forward to searching this site, using the phone app, and getting real with exercise and getting healthier. A good day to all! Welcome Kreg and Karen!
    Susan
  • docstone71
    docstone71 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I am Kellyanne and new to this site. My doctor recommended this for me. I have issues doing stuff like this by myself so any encouragement is greatly appreciated. I hope to help others here as well. Blessings to all.
  • storknursekelly
    storknursekelly Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Add me if you would like, I am all about motivation & support. This is an awesome site for accountability. I eat pretty clean & am a vegan but most of my friends here are not. I don't judge. I just want everyone to be healthy & enjoy life & it's been the best decision for me because I'm all about prevention & living a long healthy life. Kelly
  • robbomaypotts11
    Options
    Hi Im laura, 25 years old, im looking to lose 3 stone after still not losing my baby weight after 2 years of giving birth to my daughter :S just had major abdominal surgery this year so also put on bit of weight with due to not being that mobile. hi all :)
  • sterven
    sterven Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi I'm Stephen and I am not really new to this site BUT I woke up two days ago and decided I will no longer allow myself to be fat so I am taking action. I am currently 260 Pounds and WILL get down to 165.
  • DaniKaren
    DaniKaren Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Dani, and I'm pretty much in love with MFP! I adore the sense of community! Feel free to add me, and I'll do my best to motivate and praise you.
  • dbettis37
    dbettis37 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi my name is Deedee, im new to this site but heard alot of good things about it. I need help on how to use it to help me maintain a proper program.
  • Back2DaOldMe
    Options
    Name is Jasmine. I'm a little young (18) but I need to lose weight. Signed up not to long ago, heard that MFP is awesome! So I'm here to try it out and start my new journey.
  • mtnhiker1
    mtnhiker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hell of a goal - I am shooting for ~200 for a start and then maybe more once I get there. Starting at ~271. Good luck!
  • Joannap24
    Joannap24 Posts: 2
    Options
    HI i'm Joanna 26 years old new to the site.. tried loosing weight before not been successful but i'm ready now:)
  • hhrw
    hhrw Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Hannah. Not new to MFP but am new to community. Would like to offer, support, motivation and ideas. So far I've lost 35 pounds with more to go. But I'm on track, happy to be in control and feeling great!
  • smullins4
    smullins4 Posts: 3
    Options
    HI Storknursekel
    I am new here and have a question. I also eat mostly a veg diet but have recently gone to a thin MD program here in Jacksonville, FL. The emphasis is on lean proteins ( 10-12 oz per day) as well as carbs and frutits/veg and fats in moderation. I took in my bag of lentils and back beans whichI love but really they have too many carbs I am told. I do use almonds daily ( 6), a protein powder called On from GNC ( 24 g protein) and almond milk but a new nurse practioner really wants me off dairy. Natural penut butter is okay sparingly 1 tbs. but not daily.

I've bought some tofu and soy crumbles but am also having some estrogen dominance issues so am a little leary of the soy. Using Armour for hypothyroid and just started cholesterol med and progesterone creame ( AMAZING). ANy idea of other non animal source proteins that don't have high carbor sugar content? Thanks and allthe best!
  • momullins
    momullins Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Susan,
    Have you tried Quorn products? Pretty good as far as fake meat goes! They are made with mycoprotein, no soy but do have egg whites. The chicken tenders and beef grounds are low in fat. We use them and have even fooled the kids into thinking they were eating 'real' meat.
    Hope your doing well,
    MO
  • momullins
    momullins Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    http://www.quorn.us/ranges
    here is the website, check it out!