Treadmill location...

Options
If you have a treadmill; where is it in your house? Mine is in the laundry room currently, in the basement, but I'm thinking about moving it upstairs to my bedroom. I know, how unsexy for my husband (& I) to look at but I'm wondering if I would use it more if it was "in my face"...

Replies

• Baloney1951
    Options
    I am a firm believer of your bedroom being reserved for bedroom stuff. the 'in your face' part of the deal of putting a piece of exercise equipment there will probably be unsettling/negative. Your laundry room....if you have adequate space...is a great place. Cooler? We are going through a similar discussion at our house. Our solution is that we are creating a separate space in the back of our extra long garage.......walling it off...putting in a window to the back yard.....dedicated to exercise and crafts for me. We are fortunate to have that extra depth.......and we are fortunate that my husband is really handy. Good luck to you.......I guess the main thing is to get on the darn thing and burn up the calories wherever you put it, right? keep on truckin
  • donthegeek
    donthegeek Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I put our treadmill in the front room of our house. Not only is it in my face it is the center of attention when you walk in the house. I had to do this so I wouldn't "forget" to work out.
  • Pink_Zombie72
    Options
    Baloney1951...It is cooler down there. That, I like about it LOL :)

Donthegeek... That's what I'm trying to do; avoid the excuses.
  • argos14
    argos14 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Mine is in an unfinished basement....perfect spot for me that I can do early mornings with my iPad and not wake anyone up....
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Baloney1951...It is cooler down there. That, I like about it LOL :)

Donthegeek... That's what I'm trying to do; avoid the excuses.
    Greetings Pink,

I think you'll find excuses where ever you put the treadmill. You need to generate the sort of solid determination to remain dedicated to your regime. Before you decide to move your treadmill to another part of the house, let me suggest that you timetable a particular time of day that is dedicated solely to your exercise program when you are unlikely to get interrupted, such as 6AM in the morning.
    All the very best with your program!

Ben
  • Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I live in a tiny cottage, affectionately known as the "mouse house"...750 square feet.. so my treadmill is in my living room.. I crank up the TV and work out watchin my favorite shows...I agree with it not being in the bedroom.. that should be a place of rest ( not that I rest much...an 80 pound dog and four cats share my space) but having the treadmill in there would make me insane...Ihit the street when ever I can with the dog.. its more fun
  • Pink_Zombie72
    Options
    Ben, I think you're right. It's harsh getting up so early but no one said change is easy, right? LOL
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Our treadmill is in the family room, facing the TV, right next to the couch. I watch news or movies or concert videos or anything while walking. Once, we watched a whole movie with me doing 2.0 mph at 4 incline - I got a great 3 mi walk in, and it didn't seem to be too much of a chore!!
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    living room facing the tv and behind the sofa. I can watch a show and get a walk/jog in at the same time. Keeps me entertained while getting fitness in.

Had it in my bedroom once but it became a clothes rack.

Had it in the basement but I never went down there so I did not get on it.
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    In one of the guest rooms. I just put it in the closet when guests are over. I only use it when it's raining or on weekends when I don't go to the gym.
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    When our house was built we had one of the spare bedrooms changed to a master add-on, which is my library/treadmill/yoga room. It works out (no pun intended!) great, and there's plenty of space to do whatever sorts of exercises I'm craving for the day, be it running to some Doctor Who (thanks Netflix!!), trying to ignore Jillian while doing 30DS, or getting my sweat on with some YouTube blogilates workouts. :smile:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    In the living room, facing the TV.
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I have it in its own little bedroom with a tv, yoga mat, etc. You are either going to use it or not. If you need reminders, try setting them in your phone or something else.

I don't like getting up early morning working out so I do it in the afternoon, but I know that doesn't work for everyone.