HELP newbie male age 22 wanting to shed 28lbs, please help

Options
Wanting help with loosing 28lbs so that I can join the raf police. Would like to do this by christmas

Replies

• chrisjbarber
    Options
    I have already lost 34lbs but my weight loss has slowed down
  • domduck
    domduck Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi, Use this tool it is great. I have lost 20lbs in two months but if you watch the calories going in and make sure you do a lot of exercise 28lbs would be easy (I only do half an hour a day exercise!) Good luck with your new career.
  • chrisjbarber
    Options
    Cheers dom. I seem to start weeks off really well and then really bad at the end of whe week. Iv become a compulsive weigher. I must weigh my self trmes aday
  • chelsea_r2000
    chelsea_r2000 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hey, good luck in ya weight loss and ya new career. ya will easily do it!!

I weigh myself every day because the wii says i have to ha ha
  • domduck
    domduck Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi Try not to weigh yourself everyday (but you probably know that) I started doing that but your weight does fluctuate. I now do it once a week on a Friday as I get up that way you can easily see your progress. I only want to lose another 10lbs and the urge to weigh myself daily is quite strong due to impatience but stick with it!!
  • chrisjbarber
    Options
    I must weigh my self everytime I pop to the loo. At least 5 times a day when I'm not at work. Was thinking of taking the battries out
  • diana_pat_10
    Options
    Heyy there!!

Welcome to MFP! This is a great site for motivation!! Read some of the success stories and you will gain so much motivation and drive to do it yourself as well!!

As for the weigh ins, I used to be the same way..what I decided to do because I use to eat poorly on the weekends...I made my weigh in day on Sunday...this way..I personally feel I have to eat healthy all weekend because I want to weigh in less than I did the week before!!

Also what I started to do for weekends, since you have more time and usually structure is different from the weekdays..Make your meals up ahead of time. Plan what you are going to have for lunch and snacks and dinner (healthier items). That way when the meal rolls around you already know what you are going to have instead of just indulging in everything you have.

Another tip for weight loss, there was a study recently done that my brother told me about. Apparently if you drink 2 cups of water before a meal you expected to weight 15 pounds less in about 5 weeks!
    I say its worth a try. It makes sense because usually we mistake our thirst cravings for water!

Those are my tips!! Good Luck!!!
    Diana :)
  • chrisjbarber
    Options
    Hey thanks for the tips wil try the drinking water befor meals as of today. God the weather is so bad today
  • tashtranquillo
    Options
    congrats on joining mfp, the people are here are amazing and if you stick it out you will see amazing results. just commit! :)
  • krismatney
    Options
    Good luck to you! I completely understand about the end of the week being a problem, I have the same issue. I'm new to this site too & this will be my first weekend I have to log. Hope all goes well for all of us. Good luck with your weight loss & your new job!!
  • blonde70
    blonde70 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week before I eat.Every Thursday.I have been using the calorie counter on here. I can eat what I like as long as it's within my limit. I eat chocolate when I want & all the naughty food so I don't feel like I'm missing out and start eating rubbish all weekend.I'm losing 2lb a week so it is working & when I hit my target I don't think I'll put it back on because I'm not going to be changing anything at the end. Good luck with your new job.
    Thank you to Diana , I shall try the water trick.
  • diana_pat_10
    Options
    sorry my post was super early!! and I made a mistake..

I meant to put..we mistake our thirst cravings for hunger...which is why drinking 2 cups of water before each meal actually fills us up more and then by eating we are cutting out more of our calories!

Hope that helps!

Diana :)
  • yellowcorvettegirl
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I think you will really enjoy this site. It definitely holds you accountable for what you eat and the support network is great! Good luck!!!

Kim
  • chelsea_r2000
    chelsea_r2000 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    how ya doing?