Rejoined MFP and looking for friends/support

Options
Kiki1127
Kiki1127 Posts: 13 Member
Hi,

I'm 39 and a wife and mom of a 3 year old boy. I'm very excited to be here! I've got about 90 lbs to lose and would love to make some new friends and develop a support network for my quest for better health and more energy. Last time I tried MFP I did not take advantage of the community; I think it will really be a key to my success this time to be able to share triumphs and challenges with people here. Please add me if you're interested in supporting each other on this journey!

Replies

• JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Hello! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. I've lost 122lbs in 4 yrs, and about 33 of that was while using MFP.
  • amydelissa
    amydelissa Posts: 26
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • Baloney1951
    Options
    good for you!!! I am a lousy community support system but I promise to cheer for you even if I am not logging on every day to check your progress. Go get 'em!
  • rcclcruiser
    rcclcruiser Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just rejoined MFP yesterday and noticed all of my friends had quit. I guess I didn't help because I had quit too.

I quit the first time because I stopped losing weight. But when I quit, I started gaining weight. So I need to stay even if I am not losing weight. Maintaining is a lot better than gaining.

Feel free to add me. Let's stick with it this time.
  • Kiki1127
    Kiki1127 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I've sent requests. I look forward to supporting each other and sharing in our successes!
  • rcclcruiser
    rcclcruiser Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have to be careful in the community, though. It can be a timesuck, just like Facebook. I think last time I got distracted too often in the community. It is fun and helpful, but it's important to limit the time there. Gotta go now!
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Rejoined, myself, not to long ago. Feel free to add me :).
  • CandiesAndSweets
    CandiesAndSweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Iv'e been on and off for a while. But have decided to commit for the long haul. Welcome back :)