Food from your childhood

Options
sukifr
sukifr Posts: 70 Member
Just wondering if anyone else has any strange food cravings from their childhood that they just can't stop eating?

My husband absolutely loves MINT FLAVOURED GREEN CUSTARD!! Which he tells me he first had for dessert at school.

So if I want to get into his good books I make it for him :love:

Replies

• Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Not cravings as such, but for me, comfort food is plain boiled rice or spaghetti with just butter on. I think because my mum would make me that for lunch when I was a tot sometimes, I remember sitting watching Mr Ben on TV with a bowl of buttery rice. Mmmmm. Still the thing I reach for if I've had a really rough day.

Makes it hard for me though, eating rice or pasta without the butter :ohwell:
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Fluffernutters Yum and still eat them
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite--something I craved as a kid but the very thought of now just makes me wince. A friend down the street introduced me to "sugar bread" when I was about 8 years old. It has 3 ingredients:

1. A slice or two of Wonder bread (just the thought of packy-tacky white bread now makes me a little queasy)
    2. A HUGE slathering of margarine
    3. Topped off with a heaping cup of pure white sugar.

The trick was to eat it without losing too much sugar when you bit into it. I do remember my parents forbidding it, so we would sneak it when they weren't around.

Dis-gusting! :laugh:
  • sukifr
    sukifr Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    saschka7 I have to say that I am guilty of eating those, but we used to call them 'sugar butties'

Oh I loved them!!

Couldn't face them now though urgh!! Just the thought makes me feel sick :sick:
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Mashed avocado with milk and sugar mixed into it. Sweet filipino dessert!
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Mayo sandwiches. I still crave them sometimes, usually when I'm super stressed.
  • Skchers
    Skchers Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It's peanut butter and bacon for me. Although I do use turkey bacon now instead of pork. :love: