Sabotage!!!

Options
kdv160
kdv160 Posts: 16 Member
I think my husband is trying to sabotage my healthy lifestyle!!! He gets groceries while I'm at work and when I get home there's always all my favorite junk food! I've asked him to stop buying, but he just doesn't listen! It's difficult enough trying to lose weight being in my 50's... sheesh! Anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    1.Tell him to stop. If he doesn't then throw it all away. Maybe he'll get tired of wasting money.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • Lillouns
    Lillouns Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    The weekends have been my pitfall. We work opposite shifts, so I can eat healthy, then on the weekends, it's all fast food crap and pizza. I've done great the last couple of weeks. Be firm!! And like nutter3369 said, throw it away. He will get sick of having wasted money.
  • kdv160
    kdv160 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I have been letting him eat it all! Now he's complaining about weight gain...lol.
  • tjl2329
    tjl2329 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My husband was the same way. I finally sat him down and just about threatened to divorce him if he bought me anything. This was per doctor no junk. I didn't get a Christmas valentine Easter or birthday gift. He cant resist over doing it and he wouldn't have been able to for go the candy. Now we shop together. Be honest about how it makes you feel when he buys junk. He probably is just trying to make you happy. Tell him to buy healthy things. Organic fruits. Whole nuts etc. Some men need help understanding. Good luck. Been married over 20 yrs and my husband has just started to understand me
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    You've got to be kidding. Do you think he consciously buys junk food with the intent that you will cave in and ruin your diet?

You are on a diet, he is not. Learn to still enjoy things in moderation or learn to have willpower. Throwing it away is the most childish reaction to this issue, especially if its not HIS money but YOUR FAMILY'S money for the groceries. Have a conversation with him about it, if he continues to do it then see the other two suggestions of moderation or willpower.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i never realized how many unsupportive spouses/s.o. there were until i joined MFP.

since you asked him and he's not helping i would just throw it out.
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Don't throw it away. Give it away. There's bound to be a local food bank or charitable organization that can use it. Better yet, take it back to the store and get your money back.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    here are your options

1) dump him.
    2) kill him (get good life insurance on him first)
    3) learn to portion control.

number 3 is something YOU need to do btw. Since YOU are the one on a diet. He isn't. So he can bring the junk food because for some reason you are thinking that junk food is bad for you and in turn, punishing him with you.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    here are your options

1) dump him.

#2 sounds viable
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    here are your options

1) dump him.

Murder really does seem like the only logical conclusion at this stage.
  • taunto
    Options
    here are your options

1) dump him.

#2 sounds viable

its my favorite honestly.
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Donate it to the local food shelter if it's something you absolutely can't have because you can't stop yourself, or learn to eat just a little and put it away. Satisfies the craving and keeps you to your goals.
  • taunto
    Options
    Donate it to the local food shelter if it's something you absolutely can't have because you can't stop yourself, or learn to eat just a little and put it away. Satisfies the craving and keeps you to your goals.

Yes and let the man who bought them for him and the OP think about why his generation developed computer and internet where people don't think about others.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    here are your options

1) dump him.

#2 sounds viable

its my favorite honestly.

Well, when they are force feeding you the bad stuff, it's the only solution, right?
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Tell your husband you are buying groceries separately now. So, then when he brings in junk it is strictly his junk. Then you can decide when/if you are ever going to be able to have your treats in the house for you. Separate cupboards might be a good idea as well. Or maybe he can put his junk food in a place out of the kitchen like if he has a man cave he can keep the crap stuff there and have his regular food in the kitchen.