Does anyone find the 'bad' stuff tastes better now?

Options
Now I only eat 2-3 chocolate bars a week (instead of per day...) I find they taste much better.

I've had clotted cream and strawberries this afternoon and enjoyed it much more than I used to.

Does anyone else find this?

Oh, and buttered toast, so good!

Replies

• RCottonRPh
    RCottonRPh Posts: 148
    Options
    Yes, things are much more enjoyable when they are not unlimited. My husband and I are going out for "real" pizza by the slice tomorrow and I cannot wait! I haven't had pizza that wasn't homemade with light cheese on a wheat crust for months! It is gonna be amazing!
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    A few days ago I had rice cakes with full-fat Philadelphia cheese. I honestly thought I would die of joy.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I had a similar moment when I ran out of soy milk for my coffee and had to use the gold top jersey milk stuff we buy for our son - good lord.
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    The 'bad' stuff is almost too rich for me now. Chocolate is almost too sweet. Pizza is almost too greasy. A little bit goes a long way. The occasional treat is awesome, but then I'm more than ready to get back to my regular food.
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I agree. I've had some dietary changes in my life recently so there are some "bad" foods that I used to enjoy I can no longer eat. Now that I have a healthier relationship with food I find I can actually enjoy those pieces of dark chocolate rather than inhaling them in "guilty" pleasure. It's no longer "guilty" for me, just a pleasure now :smile:
  • brit__2006
    brit__2006 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Avocados for me.

I use to love guacamole, but couldn't stand avocado by itself, and now I absolutely love them.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't eat things like instant noodles any more. So many calories in something that doesn't taste very good - I'd sooner 'spend' the calories on cheese.
  • rikkian
    rikkian Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Its funny I should see this thread today after my earlier "treat".

After walking 6 miles I fancied a treat instead of a bottle of water to quench my thirst, I was going to have a Dr Pepper. UGH! It was too sickly sweet and left a nasty residue on my teeth!
  • FrayaLace
    FrayaLace Posts: 14
    Options
    It is odd but I find this true of somethings (chocolate, pastries, macaroons, .ect) and false of others (french fries, funnel cakes, greasy foods, .ect). For some weird reason I now find potato fries unappetizing, but all of a sudden, I like sweet potato fries. weird stuff.