Play Station dance mat

Options
Kate_UK
Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
Hi, I need to get some cardio in but can't get to the gym in the evenings, and frankly if its not fun I struggle to keep motivated. So i've just dug out my old PS2 dance mat and games. I've had a quick search on the exercise list but can't find anything there, so 1) is it on the list and I've just been searching the wrong thing or 2) if not what should I log? I don't have a HRM.

Thanks,
Kx

Replies

• anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Bump! I want to know too :)
  • julest25
    julest25 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Try this website for a calculation it's pretty good and gives lots of agvice too.

http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php

As our UK "Come Dancing" tv programme says "Keep Dancing!" :laugh:
  • Kate_UK
    Options
    Thanks for the website address, its a great site! It didn't have dance mat on it so I went with line dancing, that roughly equates to working out with the dance mat. Because the mat is slow to start with but gets progressively harder so it pretty much balances out. For my weight 11st. 7 (161lbs) it gave a figure of 331 cals an hour.
  • otpeds
    otpeds Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So glad to see someone else using this for exercise!! I'm addicted I do it for an hour almost every day I do some of the dances at expert level now(got it last christmas) and it is a great workout!!
  • cbuggin22
    cbuggin22 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I used my playstation dance mat the first time I lost weight about 5 years ago. It is an awesome workout and very addictive so you keep going back to it. I think mine had a workout mode and showed how many calories I burned based on my weight. Try to see if you can find that option on your game or find a game that does. I still have mine. I should go dig it out. Thanks for a good idea!
  • Kate_UK
    Options
    Yes, I found the exercise mode but I'm a bit dubious about the calorie count, seemed a bit high so I'll stick with logging either general dancing or line dancing (cals burnt are the same). I got to the final on begginer mode which took 40 mins, I guess I'm not quite as out of shape as I thought I was because its been years since I used it last! I can't wat to start upping the levels a bit, although I think I need a little more practice :)