Anyone trying to gain weight?

Options
I am in an unusual situation. I am a guy and I weight 130 lbs and I'm trying to get back to 155. None of my friends need to gain weight. I just want to know someone who is in the same boat and not ridicule me for "being so lucky to be skinny." Anybody else feel me on that one? I have worked out for a while, but I am just starting to incorporate my diet as part of my training. Yes, I know, should have been doing that from the start, but this app and the fitbit flex are the first time that tracking that info was not so tedious. Anyone who has advise on where all those extra calories are suppose to come from would help too.

Replies

• peaceissues
    peaceissues Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Be a couch potato, stuff your face.
  • jadams1650
    jadams1650 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to loan you a few pounds...

Calorically dense foods are the answer. Nut butters, protein, good oils, complex carbohydrates, and heavy lifting...lots of it. You could also add a high calorie bodybuilding shake...very high in nutrients (and calories).
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Is there a health reason you need to gain weight?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    is there a specific reason you want to get back to 155 ..muscle gain?
  • lisahewitt22
    lisahewitt22 Posts: 102
    Options
    I'd be happy to loan you a few pounds...

ditto
  • squeakers4boys
    Options
    I am in the same boat which is why I am on this site, it is one of the few that allows those trying to gain weight to track what there intake and exercise is. I am going to be go back to drinking ensures and protein drinks to assist with gaining weight again.
  • caloriesnme
    caloriesnme Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes. I AM A female and I am trying to gain weight as well.
  • nightshade37
    Options
    Wow, I posted this and could not figure out how to get back. Yes to clarify, I am significantly under weight. I am lifting weights on a regular basis to gain muscle mass. I'm doing protein shakes and complex carb as much as possible. I do not want to eat junk food bc that brings too many health problems. I have a very high metabolism and I hate ppl who say I wish I had that problem. Being this far underweight poses the same risks of being significantly over weight.
  • cnr0905
    cnr0905 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    did you try a mass gainer? like mass xxx or one of the other kinds...
  • Bama56
    Bama56 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i was steady at 145-150 for quite some time, then i dropped under 140 (due to a summer gym break) and im trying to get back where i was before
  • bradgc
    bradgc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think I might be in exactly the same boat as you. My norm for the longest time was about 138-140 but lately I've been steadily dropping. Woke up to 126 lbs yesterday which kinda freaked me out. Ugh. Fact is I find eating such a chore. Plus, when I'm not active I tend to lose weight. Been dealing with all kinds of aches and pains which I think may be due to lost strength so I'm trying to get back in shape and up my daily calories. So far my MFP is set to 2600 calories a day. Having a hard time making it but today I managed to eat 2200 so not terrible. I have a feeling I'm going to have to set my daily requirements to 3000. So frustrating and a bit expensive. Ugh!