When to eat back calories I lost?

Hello

I'm 154 cm and 84 kg.
I exercise everyday in the evening, and I learned recently that I have to eat back calories I burn while exercising. I thought I had to burn them after my exercises but the problem is that I cannot eat before I sleep. So I wanted to know if I can eat those calories tomorrow all day long.
Plus MFP is giving me that warning that says "eating few calories"
Thank you

Replies

• pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Eat them anytime, or save them for the next day.
  • you do not have to eat back the calories burned. Its a matter of opinion on here that's always being brought up. If you're not hungry don't eat. Your body will tell you if you need more calories or not. I personally do not ever eat back my calories and if I do its considered a bad binge day.

and ignore the eating to few calorie warning. MFP will tell you to only eat 1200 calories at one point. just eat when needed and listen to your body, the site is to generalized to be accurate to your body
  • Scrogglez
    Scrogglez Posts: 26 Member
    never you gonna die that way
  • ramonafrincu
    ramonafrincu Posts: 160 Member
    Yes, you can eat them tomorrow or even before you workout if u know for sure you will burn them... Look at a weekly deficit and you will do great!
  • doferdude
    doferdude Posts: 2 Member
    Maybe I'm wrong but I try to eat before I exercise. I hate going to bed without exercising off some of the calories I had for dinner.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    If you know you are going to work out, just eat more through the day.
  • ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    If you are 100% sure you're going to do your workout, plan your meals during the day to consist of more calories, have a slightly larger breakfast, lunch, and maybe an extra snack. You don't have to wait until afterwards to eat them.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    So you are around 5ft tall and 185lbs?

There is no set time to eat your calories.

Try not to pass your calories over to the next day. It makes it easier if you eat each day.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Just plan your day out better and eat them throughout the day. You should know roughly what your burn is going to be. Also, remember to account for some estimation error in your burn and intake...I always ate back around 70% of my exercise calories per my HRM. If I wasn't feeling particularly hungry or whatever I'd just make sure I had at least 50% of them to provide some fuel for that activity.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Eat. If you have the app then you can check your weekly numbers. If you're a little low one day and you're a little high the next it will even out.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    you do not have to eat back the calories burned. Its a matter of opinion on here that's always being brought up. If you're not hungry don't eat. Your body will tell you if you need more calories or not. I personally do not ever eat back my calories and if I do its considered a bad binge day.

and ignore the eating to few calorie warning. MFP will tell you to only eat 1200 calories at one point. just eat when needed and listen to your body, the site is to generalized to be accurate to your body

NO NO

and NO
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    you do not have to eat back the calories burned. Its a matter of opinion on here that's always being brought up. If you're not hungry don't eat. Your body will tell you if you need more calories or not. I personally do not ever eat back my calories and if I do its considered a bad binge day.

Isn't listening to your body how you got fat in the first place?
  • mtfr810
    mtfr810 Posts: 136 Member
    I usually eat back aerobic calories burned, but not any resistance/weight training since those calorie estimates are so far off with a HRM. Besides, if you worked out you earned a little extra food... just keep track and obviously healthy. I also go back a weekly deficit... not so much a daily one.
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member

I'd say no. I think our bodies are pretty smart, but that in at least some cases cultural conditioning/tradition overrides it. For exampe, the concept of cleaning your plan or not really wanted to leave anything for left overs. Nothing inherently right or wrong, but not biologically created.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member

I'd say no. I think our bodies are pretty smart, but that in at least some cases cultural conditioning/tradition overrides it. For exampe, the concept of cleaning your plan or not really wanted to leave anything for left overs. Nothing inherently right or wrong, but not biologically created.

Also giving in to the urge to binge on certain foods, cravings, emotional eating, etc.