I think I just agreed to do a mud run...

Options
You know the kind. 5K of obstacles, mud, and silly costumes. It sounds fun as hell, but I'm worried I'm going to die :embarassed:

Replies

• JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    It's on my bucket list!
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    OMG!! My husband and I did one about 3 weeks ago. It was only about 60 degrees out, pouring rain, windy as all heck and we had a BLAST!!! It was so slippery, we slid on our butts down hills, trying to get up them was another trick in itself. Mud Runs are all about the experience, not how fast or far you can run. Take your time, enjoy it and make many happy memories!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    They're fun...you won't die.
  • Lucille51
    Lucille51 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    sounds great fun, go for it!!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    They're fun...you won't die.
    right
  • mjculbertson4512
    mjculbertson4512 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Wear old clothes and shoes. You may not be able to salvage what you wear to the race. Take a towel, shampoo, clean clothes, undies and shoes so you can shower at the end. A garbage bag or two would be a good idea. One for the seat if you can't shower, or one for the clothes you haul home that are a mess.

Good luck! Take your time, have fun.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    keep-calm-and-don-t-forget-to-bring-a-towel_zps78c9fcdf.png
  • appygirl84
    appygirl84 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I think that sounds fun and that you are brave!
  • MyzGina
    MyzGina Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Do it. I have a friend that did and I hate that I missed it. Looks so funn!!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    WHAT FUN!!! YIPPEEE!
  • dutchk
    dutchk Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It's great!! My latest passion. I've got three more scheduled for this year, the toughest being the Savage Race. Tough Mudder next year!!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you'll be fine. train for it. be smart.

honestly, it's the running that most people tend to have the most problem with. so go out and run!! you don't have to have a marathon training plan. but depending on the race distance, you should be fairly comfortable with running 3-5 miles. no one is asking you to sprint it. if you can do 3 miles in 40 minutes, you'll be good to go.

throw in a few trail runs in to your training.
  • kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Do it!! I've done two already and have two more coming up - it's addicting! So much fun
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I want to do one soon!
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I am doing my first one in two weeks! We have a team of friends from out gym and all have been working on our running for a few months.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I did one two years ago - wear your oldest shoes because you won't want them back. Wear shorts with a drawstring or biker style shorts...the mud will want to suck them off of you. You will find mud days later - in your ears, bellybutton, and other places you would never have dreamed of. YET - you will love and it have tons of fun. It really is awesome and then the party after is great!
  • MyseriMapleleaf
    MyseriMapleleaf Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I agreed, last week, to do one next April. Eeek!
  • MyseriMapleleaf
    MyseriMapleleaf Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    keep-calm-and-don-t-forget-to-bring-a-towel_zps78c9fcdf.png

<3
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I signed up for one in OCT in NJ. I cant wait!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Bring a few gallon jugs of water, towels, and a change of clothes.

After having done mud runs / obstacle runs, it makes a regular 5k/8k/10k seem boring by comparison.

and trashbags to put the muddy clothes in.... and more to cover your car seats with.

aaaaand pre-register or get to the site extra early for packet pickup.