Fat Flush Water

Options
http://www.diyncrafts.com/1315/health/great-diy-recipe-dr-ozs-fat-flush-water

So there has been a lot of chatter on Facebook about this Fat Flush water thing and apparently it's promoted or supported by Dr. Oz. Now I don't put a lot of faith in what Dr. Oz says because sometimes I get the feeling that he simply is pushing the nonsense that whatever company he's promoting or representing wants him to say. He's a Figure Head.

However, I have been doing MFP for almost 2 years now with quite positive results. I have lost 70LBS and I am quite proud of that fact. But I have been stuck on a plateau for the last 3 months and I was wondering if anyone has tried this concoction and have you had any positive results.

Now, I drink about 2 Litres of water every day on a regular basis. Water is my go to drink. Is this thing really a fat flush or is it just a cool way to flavor water to get people who don't normally drink water to drink more water and of course if you go from not drinking any water to drinking a half gallon or more every day you're definitely going to lose some weight as the water cleans your system out. But is the same thing true for people who normally drink a lot of water.

I would like some actual feedback please. I know that this kind of post just invites trollers who are looking for a quick way to get a laugh but I am asking this question with a serious intent and I would like some actual feedback as much as possible.

thank you so much.
V.

Replies

• shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I would like some actual feedback please.
    I don't know...I tend to think these things are a crock, but they won't hurt anything (except add a couple cals to your water) so I don't see any reason not to try it if it sounds tasty. I made some 'detox' water recipe I found which is similar (cucumbers, lemon, mint) and it was good. I doubt it 'flushed' any 'toxins' any more than regular water. Maybe you'll get some other replies!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Just sounds like refreshing water (although will have some calories). If people switch from drinking full calorie soda to that, then yes, they'll likely lose weight. If you already drink plenty of water, it will likely have no effect.

If you are struggling with a plateau, there could be other reasons. Glancing through your diary, you tend to use "homemade" entries, which may not be very accurate. I'd try using the recipe builder if you are making your own foods, make sure you use a food scale, and when you go out, try to over estimate.

Here's a good read:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think
  • dalildevil
    dalildevil Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks girls. That's what I figured but I think I may try a pitcher of it this weekend just the same. hey it can't hurt. cucumber, grapefruit, oranges and mint are all good for ya right?

V.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,719 Member
    Options
    If the expectation is "fat flushing" then you'll be disappointed. If you want different tasting water, then it will probably taste much different. Will any of the other nutrients in the water make a difference? Meh, if one is eating right and in calorie deficit, I don't see it enhancing it anymore.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Just sounds like refreshing water (although will have some calories). If people switch from drinking full calorie soda to that, then yes, they'll likely lose weight. If you already drink plenty of water, it will likely have no effect.

If you are struggling with a plateau, there could be other reasons. Glancing through your diary, you tend to use "homemade" entries, which may not be very accurate. I'd try using the recipe builder if you are making your own foods, make sure you use a food scale, and when you go out, try to over estimate.

Here's a good read:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

I second all of this.

I found that the first 20 lbs did not require a great deal of logging accuracy for me. Once I got down to the last 20-25 though I had to be really accurate and start weighing everything.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    http://www.diyncrafts.com/1315/health/great-diy-recipe-dr-ozs-fat-flush-water

So there has been a lot of chatter on Facebook about this Fat Flush water thing and apparently it's promoted or supported by Dr. Oz. Now I don't put a lot of faith in what Dr. Oz says because sometimes I get the feeling that he simply is pushing the nonsense that whatever company he's promoting or representing wants him to say. He's a Figure Head.

However, I have been doing MFP for almost 2 years now with quite positive results. I have lost 70LBS and I am quite proud of that fact. But I have been stuck on a plateau for the last 3 months and I was wondering if anyone has tried this concoction and have you had any positive results.

Now, I drink about 2 Litres of water every day on a regular basis. Water is my go to drink. Is this thing really a fat flush or is it just a cool way to flavor water to get people who don't normally drink water to drink more water and of course if you go from not drinking any water to drinking a half gallon or more every day you're definitely going to lose some weight as the water cleans your system out. But is the same thing true for people who normally drink a lot of water.

I would like some actual feedback please. I know that this kind of post just invites trollers who are looking for a quick way to get a laugh but I am asking this question with a serious intent and I would like some actual feedback as much as possible.

thank you so much.
    V.

Well if you read the very first paragraph in your link, you know it's a a bunch of nonsense. What toxins is the fat flush water getting rid of?
    Dr. Oz is famous for his wonderful recipes that help you to get healthier and thinner. This Fat Flush Water is an excellent way to help rid your body of unwanted toxins and lose a bit of weight in the process.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Here is a spirited discussion on the same topic. Have fun!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1030834-fat-flush-drinks
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Here is a spirited discussion on the same topic. Have fun!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1030834-fat-flush-drinks
    I had the same idea as you!

Also, a lot of products claim Dr. Oz recommends them when he doesn't.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    drozquack.png
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    drozquack.png

That should really be coming out the other end.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    drozquack.png

Awesome avatar. I bow to your awesomeness!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    holy cow...what's up with the snake oil threads today?

snakeoil.jpg
  • kathleenmaddox5
    Options
    I actually made some up today with veriation. I used one lemon peel and all, spearmint, cucumber and ginger..I will let you know how it works.
    These drinks actually do work to some extent, because of the nurtrients from the veggies and fruit that you use flush toxins from your body. I have done several of them and find them helpful. I will certainly let you know about this one though.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    I actually made some up today with veriation. I used one lemon peel and all, spearmint, cucumber and ginger..I will let you know how it works.
    These drinks actually do work to some extent, because of the nurtrients from the veggies and fruit that you use flush toxins from your body. I have done several of them and find them helpful. I will certainly let you know about this one though.

Do tell what "toxins" are flushed?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    As long as your liver and kidneys are working, you don't need to give them any help beyond water and good food.

Why not just eat fruits and veggies (unless you just really like how this stuff tastes and enjoy drinking it).
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    As long as your liver and kidneys are working, you don't need to give them any help beyond water and good food.

Why not just eat fruits and veggies (unless you just really like how this stuff tastes and enjoy drinking it).

Agreed. You don't need a detox. If you enjoy it then drink up, but it's not "detoxing" you.
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    drozquack.png

That should really be coming out the other end.

LMAO!
  • kathleenmaddox5
    Options
    Ok so I have used my flush water for three days. I went from 196.8 to 193.6 in just three days... I'm going to keep doing it. I feel great, it tastes great. I actually made the sassy water. It works. It's refreshing. I used 2 liters of water, 1 lemon (peel and all, sliced into thin slices), 1 cucumber, (peeled and sliced) and 1tsp fresh ground ginger. (I ground my own) and about 8 spearmint leaves.
    I don't drink the whole thing a day infact I'm still drinking on the same pitcher.
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Flavoring the water won't hurt anything at all, especially if it encourages you to drink more water, but the weight you'll be losing from it is only temporary water weight, and that could get discouraging after it comes back... so as long as you realize why your gaining weight back after you body re regulates itself I don't see any harm in adding fruit to your water.

edit: and no, it is not a fat flush, only a deficit can create that :) Its unfortunately one of the "quick fix" diet myths amonst so many others out there...