Fatter than ever!

Options
I'm at a point where I feel fatter than ever when in reality i've lost 20 something pounds.

Did anyone else get like this at the beginning and get over it?
I'm hoping I've just become more self aware but I'm concerned that it could turn into something sinister.

Replies

• ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Yup, I feel like that every now and again! Some days or even weeks it feels like I am still at the point of where I started here!

Take a pic now and compare it to an old one or maybe put some clothes on that were tight before and are now baggy or at least not as tight as they used to be!
    Maybe that will help!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Totally been there. I need to lose a total of about 200 lbs and even though I have lost 53, I am very frustrated because that barely puts a dent, and it isn't as noticeable as I wish it was. I just keep doing what I am doing and I know at some point I will get to where I want to be. Being where I was 6 months ago is not an option for me.

7396232.png
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing a 4p and I still feel fat and see the fat girl in the mirror everyday
  • haidos
    haidos Posts: 69
    Options
    thanks guys thats reassuring
  • JuliesZenpuppy7400
    JuliesZenpuppy7400 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It is all mental!! I have always said that losing weight is 90% mental and it really is. I've lost over 200 pounds and there are still days that I feel fat!! Am I?! Yes, to a point but it is more my brain telling me that I'm still 400+pounds!!

Hang in there and just keep on keeping on and don't listen to the negative thoughts!! You're doing great, just keep at it!!!! It's all worth it in the end!!!!

YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!!!!!
  • shadowharuka
    shadowharuka Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Oh yes I know how you feel. 1-2 sizes smaller than I was before, reassured by a lot of people of how much better I look, yet I still look in the mirror and I am hard on myself.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    you might just be more aware of yourself now like you said. I know I pick at myself more than ever since I started working out. You're expecting results and want em fast and and since you've acknowledged that to some degree you want change you notice things in particular that you want to change. Keep some before/after pics and measurements so at times like this you can look back and have hard evidence of your progress (:
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I've lost 105 pounds with 105 more to go and most of the time I don't see it.. and sometimes I feel WORSE because now all my fat is giggling everywhere and my boobs are practically down to my knees. I have to actually look at side by side before and "during" pictures in order for me to actually see the loss.

The good news is that I FEEL much better even if I can't "see" the difference, I can definitely FEEL the difference.
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Yup that's how I ve been feeling to. :frown:
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Even though I've lost over 100 pounds, went from size 28W to size 4
    I still see myself Fat, I always head to the plus size section when I go into
    a store!
    I do not see a change in my own self image.
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I was just going to post something similar.

A few weeks ago I was feeling amazing. I reach 50lbs lost and wore a dress for the first time in a decade. I'm going to admit it - I look amazing in the pics :D BUT. Here I am less than a month later and I feel so crap at the mo. I think it's a combination of things; I put on 2lb due to TOM, I had an emotional 2 weeks with work (I work in a school and many families I've known a long time left) and as its end of term food was hard to stick to. I have also found where my clothes are huge on me they are so unflattering btut I just don't have money to go buying new clothes right now.

I know since starting to lose weight and suddenly starting to CARE about how I look I now see all my other imperfections a lot more.

I guess we have to to work on the mental side of things just as hard as the actual diet and exercise side of things.

We will all get there in the end - keep working at it x
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I Still have fat days. Just remember that tomorrow is another day :-/
  • haidos
    haidos Posts: 69
    Options
    wow this seems pretty common.

I guess the mental things are the hardest to change.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I am 54 years old, on maintenance at 5'8" and 128 pounds. I feel extremely bloated today. I swell horribly in the Texas heat, and the walk from Minute Maid Park after the astros lost in the texas heat of 106 degrees made it worse.

I just keep drinking water. Try not to eat salty food.

Ridiculous stuff in my head.

If you feel yucky, you feel yucky.

Give me an other hour in my air conditioned home. I will feel all better!