Overate yesterday but...

Options
Should I try to eat 100 to 200 cals less for the next few days or just leave it like that and shrug it off (I am technically seen eating around my TDEE of 2050 everyday but splurged a bit at a birthday party yesterday and ate around 2600~)?

Little precision, I have technically seen lost TOO much weight, but all given advice would be greatly appreciated too once I'll have gained a bit and settled :)

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Just shrug it off, you barely overate anyway. :D
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    You may be a little less hungry today anyway. If you end up a litle under, no biggie. But I agree with the above poster who said it wasn't that big of a splurge you need worry about. It does your body good, IMO, to have the intake varied on different days.
  • TheNavet
    TheNavet Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for the answers :D! And glad to know, that it wasn't a err... 'too huge' overeat :tongue:
  • xadian
    xadian Posts: 9
    Options
    No. Forgive yourself and have a short memory. If your restrict then you get into a cycle of binge/restrict/binge etc. Everyday is a new day!
  • carchie94
    carchie94 Posts: 45
    Options
    I overate yesterday, too. By about 1,728 calories. It was unplanned and I regret it and I simply won't do it again. But after thinking long and hard, I'm not going to restrict today. I'll just work out a bit more and remember not to overindulge. Yesterday was a generally horrible eating day for me, though I did manage to bike/walk 10 miles.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I overate yesterday too. Forget about it. It'll happen. The best you can do is the try to do better tomorrow and not beat yourself up when you overindulge. It'll probably happen again in your lifetime. You just move on and keep trying. And you are clearly still trying (good job on the exercise!) even if your meals weren't ideal. Keep at it. Happens to everyone! :happy: