Trying to get back and stay in shape this time....

Options
Hey everybody,

I'm 21 and 5'6" 185lbs. I've always struggled with my weight and last year I got down to an all time low of 170lbs. I ran the Spartan race as a way of showing myself that I could finally do something like that. Then, I met a girl and I loved to take her out to eat and go see movies etc.... 1 summer later I didn't have the time to continue my workouts and my eating habits when down the drain. Now here I am 1 year after completing the Spartan race 15 lbs heavier and can barely run to catch the bus. I've started doing Insanity in hopes that it would kick-start my way back to where I was a year ago. Hopefully this time I can keep better track of my eating and get back in shape....

Replies

• dsweet90
    dsweet90 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, im 22 6'0" and 241 lbs. There was a time last year that I actually got below the 200 mark (198) but since then its been a bit of a roller coaster. I just cant be consistent. I am hoping to get a few fitness pal friends on here to keep me motivated and honest. I have done insanity before (the first month) and its a great workout, lots of sweat, but its hard for me to workout at home so i'm a gym guy.
  • JCochran0912
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I just started MFP last week and I def could use some friends to help motivate me. I can agree with the being non consistent (dsweet90) I start out doing so well and losing the weight and BAM i gain it all back plus some!! I wish yall both the best of luck in you weight loss goals!
  • UTWrangler14
    Options
    Yeah I know how it is. My girlfriend was doing it while I was hittin the gym, but she started to give up so I told her that I wanted to do more weight loss that muscle building so we made a pact to complete 1 round this summer. We have yet to see any real results other than slight improvements during the workouts. I'm feeling pretty discouraged and its harder to keep doing the workouts that leave me drained for the day and the next without any noticeable benefits. The gym is where i'm comfortable and where I sculpted myself in the past. I went from 215 to 170 on outside activities and a weight training program, but I didn't want to work for another 2 years to see those types of results. So I'm hoping this workout regimen will speed things up.
  • UTWrangler14
    Options
    Thank you, I really appreciate the support.
  • CandiesAndSweets
    CandiesAndSweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me for support! :)