6 lbs down is one big achievement :)

Options
So a few days ago, I made a post on another message board called "Help Please" and at that point I was feeling unbelievably frustrated. I had only lost 2 pounds and, being 19 and young, i thought it would happen quicker and want it to happen quicker. Then, after reading everyone's responses, I changed by diet and started running (aka doing the full 60 of recommended cardio). I'm now down to 177.4, which means I've lost almost 6 pounds since beginning this journey 16 days ago. I'm so HAPPY right now I could scream!!! (And I kind of did jump up and down quietly since it's so early haha). So, long story short, to all those people that responded to my last message board, giving me strength and encouragement when I needed it most, thank you thank you THANK YOU. Because of the kindness you've shown me, I'm paying it forward to anyone and everyone that needs help on MFP. I've never met you, but I love you all, and from the bottom of my heart, I can't thank you enough for the support you've given to a young kid like me :) It's truly amazing. So, if I can do it, YOU CAN DO IT (that sounded like a sweet informercial right there haha). And now I'm going back to bed haha :)

Replies

• StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! The support here is amazing!! We're all gonna have bad days, but the support here make those bad days just alittle nicer!!! Keep up the hard work!! =)
  • stridersraven
    Options
    well done! it is a big acheivement. keep at it. xx
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great job!
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    great job
  • Shawna_831
    Shawna_831 Posts: 316
    Options
    Great Job! Just stick with it and keep us all posted. We are here for you!
  • debbie1268
    Options
    congrats on the 6 lbs.. I did it in 10 days... I have a LONG Way to go but I am determined....I am much older then you but I too will do it.. enough is enough..

Best of luck
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Just goes to show that tweaking your diet/exercise does work! I'm so pleased for you. Well done for listening!!! (some people just don't and then wonder why they still stick :ohwell: )

Good job :flowerforyou:
  • alex8118
    alex8118 Posts: 22
    Options
    Yay! That's so awesome,.. You've just inspired me to keep on striving (last couple of days have been a bit topsy turvy for me) but that will not get me down,. for me it's about 'progress not perfection',.. and I AM progressing. Great job on your achievement, thats awesome, keep that great feeling and I'll keep mine,..

Have a lovely day:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!