Diet Pills

vnix
vnix Posts: 3
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Yes, I should know better for 3 reasons:

1. I've lost 50lbs the "old fashioned way". That is, healthy eating and exercise.
2. I have a BSc. in Human Nutrition. I'm a Health Inspector, but am considering doing my dietetic internship (which is only less than a year!!) to be a Registered Dietitian in Canada.
3. Common sense.

I was stuck at a plateau after my weight loss. I started MFP to have a better look at my caloric intake. I am now better aware of what I consume and am better adjusting my serving sizes. I started doing some online research into diet pills. I should know better, but some of the ones I found, based on user reviews, were not necessarily magic fat/calorie/etc pills, but users said they at least noticed more energy. Perfect! ...or so I thought. I took two pills before breakfast, and two [early] afternoon. I figured if they were just due to caffeine I would have no problem, I drink espressos [sometimes triple] on a daily basis. Surely an increased caffeine intake would not bother me.

After taking the pills, I haven't really noticed an increase in my energy, or anything like that ...that is, until night time. I started feeling nauseous and I found myself wide awake for hours passed my usual bedtime. I started paying my 24 hour gym a second visit around midnight to go for a run to hopefully make me tired and get to sleep (ok, I guess I had some extra energy, but it was way too late). I checked back on MFP and noticed that I started having trouble sleeping since I started taking these pills.

Today is the day I will stop [the diet pills that is]. They were a waste of money, and speaking from experience I wanted to tell you there is nothing wrong with losing weight the old fashioned way!

-V

Replies

• sbarham
    sbarham Posts: 44 Member
    Wow, sorry you had to go through that but thanks for the reminder! Thanks for reminding us that hard work is really the ONLY thing what works!!!!
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    hard work is the only way good luck
This discussion has been closed.