I was a borderline diabetic..

Options
About 3 months ago, I was looking in the mirror. I was at my heaviest, 255 lbs.
My sister noticed a brownish grey line on the back of my neck, which she heard is a sign of diabetes. Our cousin is diabetic, so she told me I needed to go to the doctor.

I went to the doctor for a check up and asked him about the line. He told me it was a sign of diabetes and that I needed to change my diet or I would risk becoming a type 2 diabetic.

With 3 months of hard work and calorie counting, I lost a total of 33 lbs. I'm no longer a borderline diabetic, I feel a lot better about myself, I'm thinner..

However, I still have a ways to go.

It's always nice to have support and motivation, so, here's my point. I'm looking for people to aid me along my journey, as I aid them along theirs, too.

I'm very positive 95% of the time.. We all have down days, but I can guarantee that if you're having a down day, or a day where you feel like giving up, I can be there to motivate and encourage you as much as possible.

If you're wanting someone new to be there with you on your weight loss journey, I'm your guy!

Or, comment and I will add you!

Replies

• BayBay1956
    BayBay1956 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I wish had done that when I was Borderline, but I crossed over to type 2 dibetes. I hate all this medication; my doctor said if I lose 30lbs I can get off all meds, so here I am trying to lose 30lbs in 3 months. Your story is very inspirational and I would love to have your support, congratulations for making a wise decision. I am 183lbs down 8lbs from my start date of 18 May and a starting weight of 191lbs at 5'6".
  • TheExorcistt
    Options
    I wish had done that when I was Borderline, but I crossed over to type 2 dibetes. I hate all this medication; my doctor said if I lose 30lbs I can get off all meds, so here I am trying to lose 30lbs in 3 months. Your story is very inspirational and I would love to have your support, congratulations for making a wise decision. I am 183lbs down 8lbs from my start date of 18 May and a starting weight of 191lbs at 5'6".

You got this. I'm positive of it.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Great job your your weight loss and no longer being per-diabetic! :flowerforyou:
  • TheExorcistt
    Options
    Great job your your weight loss and no longer being per-diabetic! :flowerforyou:

Why, thank you. :drinker:
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Thunderous applaud...Can you hear it (lol)

Great job. Stay on track to avoid travelling that road again.

You story will inspire so many and help them to change their ways.
  • TheExorcistt
    Options
    Thunderous applaud...Can you hear it (lol)

Great job. Stay on track to avoid travelling that road again.

You story will inspire so many and help them to change their ways.

Oh, I can hear it! lol
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    You would probably be interested in the thread I posted earlier about the subject from a doctor who became Type II himself. It is very moving--get ready with the tissue box. He says that we likely have it backward. That it isn't the obesity that causes Type II--that instead it is the underlying metabolic problem that causes BOTH Type II and obesity. The answer for both is likely a low glycemic diet. I had "metabolic syndrome" myself three years ago, and now my numbers are great. I actually went on a diet to control my blood sugar and the weight slowly peeled off without much effort on my part.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Great job. I am very glad for your success because I did not get the warning in time. Developed type 2 which terrified me since both my dad and one of my brothers lost their legs to diabetes. Thank god for this site and a good doctor. After a few months I am now off the meds and the blood pressure meds are my next goal. I do not want to sound like I am boasting about my success I just want to get the message out: how dangerous not taking care of yourself can be. Again congrats and stay with it for a healthy life.:drinker:
  • TheExorcistt
    Options
    Congratulations, OldAndSlower! That's great that you're off the meds.

Sante, I will definitely give it a look see.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is fantastic!
    My husband was told at his annual check up last fall that he was pre-diabetic. Through my cooking healthier meals for us both, he is no longer pre-diabetic and lost a couple of pounds as well.