The Machines vs Fitness Pal

Options
I work out every day at a great gym with wonderful cardio machines. The calories awarded are very different between the machine and when I log from the general listings in MFP. Which should use. I don't put in weight age etc. on the machines so I'm leaning toward MFP. I'd love your input on this subject. Have a sweet day!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    a HRM is the best option but in the absence of that I would enter the lowest number of the 2 that way you don't over estimate your caloric burn.
  • mwpagano
    mwpagano Posts: 19
    Options
    Most cardio machines are based of an "average" adult male. Which for some strange reason is based around a 5'10", 168 pound guy. LOL. So if you are not putting in you weight and age I would go with fitness pal. Good luck!!!
  • goldspaula
    goldspaula Posts: 161
    Options
    That's a great idea. I'm getting one for my daughter. I should borrow it for a couple of days and get those numbers.
  • Swoopette
    Swoopette Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    When I use the treamill at the gym I take off 25% of the calories it says I burned. Sucks but those machines are not right. So they say to take off 20-30% off the amount they say. So I went right in the middle. Somedays I lose over a 100 calories but it is a bit more acurrate.