Losing Fat in 6 weeks? Please help, urgent

Options
So I have been trying to lose weight for a while and in 6 weeks I go back to school. I weight 135 lbs., would love to lose anywhere from 15 - 20 lbs in that time, and I have a plan. I want to see if it works, so please - if you have tips or an opinion on my plan, please respond. I need to know if I can lose most of my belly fat and thigh fat in this time.
me right now: http://teenietwenty.tumblr.com/post/52689674033/this-is-my-before-for-all-the-challenges-i-have

my plan is this:
breakfast: eggs or yogurt with coffee
lunch: salad with some source of carbs (bread, pasta, etc. in small serving sizes)
dinner: protein shake/shakeology or lean meat with veggies
snacks: fruit or veggies with peanut butter or honey

i also plan on working out 3-4 times a week with 30 minutes on the elliptical or treadmill and 30 minutes doing some lifting and squats.
My picture of inspiration, AKA my ideal body, is this: http://teenietwenty.tumblr.com/post/52617529549/skinnyfitnessblr-10-tips-for-lasting-weight

Please tell me if this is possible!

Replies

• xanyeee
    xanyeee Posts: 4
    Options
    Edit: I'm 5' 3"
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Its very hard to say it will or it wont work. Me personally I have lost over 14lb since end of may, most of that will be due to water and newbie lost. The main reason I have lost that amount is due to the amount of weight that I have to loose, the more overweight your are the quicker the loses will coming, however the closer to you ideal weight the harder it will be to shift those unwanted pounds.
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Very unlikely to be able to lose that amount of weight in 6 weeks. Your proposed diet isn't great either. If you're trying to lose fat why honey and peanut butter which are calorie dense foods with little satisfaction? Ditch the carbs - no bread, pasta or any other starchy/sugar foods. Might be better eating whole food than shakes. Just eat plain and simple - meat and fresh veg, salads, yoghurts and porridge oats.

Have you any idea of your TDDE, and how many calories you intend on taking in?

Treadmill is better than elliptical because the latter uses momentum energy. Do some HIITS and heavy lifting.
  • xanyeee
    Options
    I understand that...it isn't so much about the weight as it is about having a flatter stomach. I'll definitely take the tips on carbs, sugars, and whole foods into consideration. Is there any way I could lose fat (instead of just focusing on numbers, which isn't healthy I agree) in that amount of time healthily?
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Who knows? It's possible you will lose all that weight or not. So? Do you want to start? So start, today. You will lose what you will loose. If you don't start today then you won't lose any weight. If you start, then you will loose some of the weight.

You don't have that much to lose. I for one am not a fan of 'I have to lose x weight by y date' because bin my experience that weight loss either never happens or else it just comes right back. Much more healthy approach is to make a decision to start being healthy and see what happens.
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    If you want to keep it simple, enter your weight, and how much you would like to lose per week into MFP, and let MFP calculate how many calories per day you need to eat to do that. At your height and weight you are probably best off setting your desired weight loss at 2 pounds per week, or preferably less. When you don't weigh a lot to begin with, the weight is likely to come off more slowly than someone who has a lot to lose. Also, you can't really target where the weight will come off. For most of us it seems like the first place we tend to gain weight is the last place it will come off.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    That isn't enough calories and 15-20 pounds over 6 weeks is pretty fast when you're that close to your goal weight. It takes a calorie deficit of 3500 calories to lose one pound. Over 6 weeks, you'd have to be at a 1250 calorie deficit every day to make the 15 pounds. Like one of the other posters said, you need to know your TDEE. Once you know that, you need to calculate a healthy deficit (when you're that close to goal you should be at about a 10% deficit). Stick to that and you should lose .5-1 pound a week.
  • peace_pigeon
    peace_pigeon Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    For me, cutting sugar, even the sugar in fruit, helps a lot to flatten the belly. So does cutting "bad" carbs. Lots of good exercise with core work, tons of fresh veggies, fish and lean meat, drinking water, and you will have a flat belly in no time. You are already quite thin and it sounds like you just want to tone up- you can do it :) Don't fall into the trap of "having to lose by X/Y/Z date" though- it's a sure fire way to grasp at shortcuts and screw with your metabolism. If you do it right, you only have to do it once :)
  • xqueenbee24x
    xqueenbee24x Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Let me start by saying I usually don't respond to posts like these because everyone thinks it is perfectly legit to voice their opinions rather than trying to help the concerns voiced with the original post.
    With that I think you have gotten some great advice thus far from everyone before me. It is hard to say if you can reach this goal within such a short amount of time. I think starting your diet and exercise plan asap will most certainly contribute to your success.
    I also think its important to focus on your overall health and how your body transforms with these changes rather than the number that shows on the scale.
    My advice would be do some more research into a more effective and nutritious meal plan to ensure you are eating enough to replenish your body. Remember to drink lots of water too!!! Also take a look at various exercise routines and pick and choose what you think will work best for you. I read recently about a cardio plan to shred fat that recommended cardio in the AM for 75 minutes and in the PM for 30 minutes.... this plan may be effective for some but not for others.... so before I assume it will work for me I need to dig a little deeper into this type of recommendation and possibly try it out for a week rather than commit for a longer deration of time.
    I hope this advice helps and you can begin to put a plan together that works best for you. It sounds like you have a great foundation that you just need to build upon a little bit to ensure you are eating well, exercising regularly, and staying on track to see results. Don't work so much about when you go back to school. Focus more on trying new and fun activities that keep you active and allow you to enjoy your summer vacation. =)
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    You can't choose where you lose fat from. Have realistic goals otherwise you will fail. Lifestyle change not a race.

The girl in your "ideal" picture has very low body fat, might take you 6-9 months minimum with strict discipline to achieve that. Also the more you lose the harder it gets. You won't do it in 6 weeks
  • xanyeee
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for your help and replies, it means a lot :)
  • broscientist
    broscientist Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but not gonna happen in 6 weeks.

You could go on a super low carb / no carb diet and quickly lose around 5-8 lbs of water weight, but water weight is just temporary and you will gain all that water weight back once you eat carbs again.

Realistically, a good weight loss pace for someone that is 135 lbs is about .5 lbs to 1 lb a week. So losing 20 lbs is gonna take 20 to 40 weeks.
    As far as losing the stomach fat, you can't spot reduce. Your body determines where you will lose fat first and you got no control over it. Typically, for a women, the last area of fat to go are the hips and thigh.

Like h9dlb said, its gonna take 6-9 months, with strict discipline to get to your "ideal" picture.

You got to change your mind set and realize that this is gonna be a long-term commitment. It can be done, it's just not going to happen in six week.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    You don't have realistic expectations. You'll just end up being very disappointed.
    It's not a race. Do it the right way.
  • Cherry_T
    Cherry_T Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    No need to segment your meals between different nutrients...
    Just keep it balanced otherwise you could easily stall.