No More Excuses -- Week 41

Options
Not a good week for most of the regulars. A lot of gainers this week, and we gained as a group, must be related to all the end of the summer partying.

Jenks and AMCMillan win biggest loser honors this week, and the distinct honors of coming up with our weekly challenges.

On a personal note, I gained, it was likely deserved, as I had about half healthy food and half not so healthy food. Trying to do better this week, but I have been fighting being so hungry as of late.

MFP-43.jpg

So for anyone who wants to join...........1st off Welcome!!!!!!!

During your 1st week in the group, send me your starting weight, last Sunday's weight, and this week's Sunday weigh in. All information must be sent to me by noon Central on Monday. All subsequent week's you just have to give me your current weight from Sunday by noon on Monday.

This is an open group, and we love to have new people join. If you want to join, go ahead and start posting, tell us about yourself, and why you are wanting to lose wight, many of us have been doing this diet thing a while and may be able to answer a lot of our questions!!!!

Replies

• Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    With a gain as a group I would like to challenge everyone to get back to basics:
    1. Drink your water (Experts at the Mayo Clinic suggest dividing your weight in half and using this number as the ounces of water you should consume daily).
    2. Log everything that crosses your lips

Good Luck!!!

And thank you Jack for doing this for us :flowerforyou:
  • klmmoore
    klmmoore Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi JustJack! I would love to join. I am a 34 year old mother of 1 and have struggled with weight my entire life. I really just want to get to a healthy weight so I can enjoy spending time with my 4 year old daughter and my husband. My weight last week was 191 and this week sadly no change.
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    Maybe we are like bears and putting on weight for the fall. I admit to being bad on the weekend - which is solely the cause for my gain. Back on track this week - I hope

I have been fooling around with the same 2 pounds for too long!!!

time to get serious now that the hot weather is gone. Haven't been exercising enough or at all some days.

susan
  • hawkeye01
    hawkeye01 Posts: 162
    Options
    Thanks for the chart Jack.

I guess I shouldn't complain about not losing any weight since I didn't gain any either. Like many of you, I do great during the week and slip on the weekends. I do excerise on the weekends with golf, etc.. but just not enough to keep up with all the food I am eating.

Good challenges this week, so maybe that will help me lose a little.

Hope everyone has a great active week.

Hawkeye
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Just a quick hello...I have to type now but will get back on later. Have a good day.
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    This chart is awesome! Thanks! I challenge everyone to drink a lot of water. My minimum is usually 75 oz... but I shoot for 100 oz. Just keep water with you for most of the day... you'd be surprised what you drink without even thinking about it!!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Ouch, biggest gainer this week. I think alot of it was water, since I am down a pound already since Sunday. I have been doing the 30 day shred as well, so maybe some of that is muscle weight. It is very discouraging when you do the shred for 7 days straight, eat pretty good, and gain weight.

Took 2 days off of the shred, but got back at it this morning, and burned 249 cals. Was hoping to go for a walk today, but it is seriously windy out today.

Thanks for the chart Jack, and I like the challenge this week, usually I am good on the water, but I have been slacking this past few weeks.
  • tigermom79
    tigermom79 Posts: 740
    Options
    Good morning team!!! WATER WATER WATER!!! Great challenges. I know I haven't been drinking what I should.

Glad to see I'm not the only one struggling lately!!!! I am back after it!!!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!

Ann
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I forgot to send in my weight last week it was 168.8
  • Angela764
    Angela764 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I also have not been drinking enough so hope to do better with the challenge. Doing good with eating good and I'm hitting the gym hard this week.
  • renaegry
    Options
    Finished day 9 of level 1 of 30 day shred. One more day to go. Somewhat glad I will be moving on to level 2. Getting bored with the same exercise over and over. Finally my weight was down 2 pounds today from Sunday, So def must have been water, Hope everyone is having a good day. Will check in tom, after day 10, and will do measurements. I don't think I lost much though, if any.
  • tigermom79
    tigermom79 Posts: 740
    Options
    Good morning team. Down a pound this morning! That was nice!!! ;)

Making sure I get to CURVES at least 3-4 times this week which will help and drinking the water. Have not gotten back on track yet about logging all my food!! :( Will have to make that a priority!

Kids are back in school so things seem to be getting back on a schedule which helps. Our youngest is dealing with his health issues well. Made the decision to put himself on "injured reserve" since he still can't seem to make it thru a full practice. His coach is being great with him and since he is just a freshman he has 3 more years at it. He loves the sport but wants to make sure he is ready for basketball which is true love!!! He has grown soooo much (like 6-7 inches in a year) that I know his heart is just saying "WOW!!!! I need to catch up!! " I now have to "look up" to 3 out of the 5 of the kids!!!! :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful middle of the week day!

Ann
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hi all...I am having a pretty good week. I have been staying within calories and playing softball. I plan to go back to the gym today or at least go for a wog. I am down a pound today. Funny how things work when you do what you are supposed to do huh? I am going to my niece's wedding in 3 weeks so I am going to try really hard to stay on the wagon so I can wear my sundress. Hope you all have a great day!
  • hawkeye01
    hawkeye01 Posts: 162
    Options
    Morning Team,

I hope everyone is having a great active week thus far. It's finally cooling off a bit here, so I am able to get in some activity outside for a change. I don't know about you, but I sleep so much better when I have had a "fresh air" workout.

Have a great rest of the week and weekend.

Hawkeye
  • Kimber11
    Kimber11 Posts: 18
    Options
    I have been gone for a while, but I am back! I have a new starting weight of 244.6. Thanks for all of your work for this group.
  • Kimber11
    Kimber11 Posts: 18
    Options
    I have been gone for a while, but I am back! I have a new starting weight. Thanks for all of your work for this group.
    Sorry, the Thank you was for Jack!
  • tamelab
    Options
    I have been gone for a while, but I am back! I have a new starting weight of 244.6. Thanks for all of your work for this group.

Glad to see you on here. Great job!
  • tamelab
    Options
    OK, I am starting the 30 Day Shred again today. I am posting this so y'all can keep me accountable. Here we go!
  • renaegry
    Options
    OK, I am starting the 30 Day Shred again today. I am posting this so y'all can keep me accountable. Here we go!

Great Job Tammy, I just finished day 10 of level 1, will be starting level 2 tomorrow.
  • renaegry
    Options
    Well it is definately time to stay motivated. I joined a biggest loser group and we are starting in Sept. Mostly people from a town 50km away, and we have a private group on facebook. It cost $100, and you are paired with someone. Every Friday weigh in. After the 4 weeks the winners of that month by biggest % win there money back, then for the next 4 weeks u have a new partner. It runs for 12 weeks. After the 12 weeks, the 3 top loser with prizes (the cash). My husband says I will lose since I only have 15-20 pounds to lose, and he is sure there are lots of people in it who have way more to lose and will probably be easier for them to lose, but I still think it will be great motivation, and fun.

Going to do day 2 of level 2 of shred today. Husband is already gone to farm, kids are still sleeping. So I am drinking coffee, fiddling on computer. Hopefully within the next hour I find the energy to workout and shower. Other then that no plans for today, going to have a relaxing day, prob will go to farm and help hubby work on combine, and plan to read my book lots. Going to be a nice day here today, not really hot around 20C. Hope everone is having a good week, it has been kind of quiet here on the thread.