Advice Needed ASAP!!

Options
Okay, here's the deal.
I have been re-starting the 30 DS like...5 times. I can not commit to it 6-7 days a week, I can only do 4. three years ago I did the Biggest Loser Cardio Max and Power Sculpt dvd 4-5 times a week and saw results. I am not seeing results with 30 DS because I can't devote the time needed.
Have been thinking about going back to the Biggest loser dvds since I know they worked in the past, and a 60 min workout is better then 20. but, i feel like a cop-out for not devoting time to 30 ds.

HELP!!

Replies

• coco3382458
    coco3382458 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    why is that the rule you have to do it every single day for 30 days straight? If so then Im wasting my time so I need to know too
  • Katie_Y89
    Katie_Y89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    It says on the dvd if you go under "reccomendations" that you do the dvd everyday. some ppl only do it 6 days a week, but i can only devote 4 :/
  • coco3382458
    Options
    shoot. well i just use the video of you tube so have never read the cover. I think the most I have missed is 2 days in a row but I was doing other work outs. So I need to do a minimum of 6 days a week? now Im pissed. lol. I wonder if you did it 2 times in 1 day if that would make up for the other days missed?
  • JustMe1962
    JustMe1962 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    first off, what is 30 DS? and next, I just had gastric bypass in February and I was told to do 30 minutes a day five days a week... that's really all you need to do.. if 4 is all you can do.. then do 40 minute work outs... it really shows when it's consistent... again, I just don't know what 30 DS means? thanks!
  • 1Scientist
    Options
    I think it is jillian Michaels's 30 day shred
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    HELP!!

ummmm....help with what, exactly?
  • Katie_Y89
    Options
    first off, what is 30 DS? and next, I just had gastric bypass in February and I was told to do 30 minutes a day five days a week... that's really all you need to do.. if 4 is all you can do.. then do 40 minute work outs... it really shows when it's consistent... again, I just don't know what 30 DS means? thanks!

Sorry, It's Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred
    Its about 20 min/4 days a week for me. The biggest loser would be 60 min/4days aweek
  • coco3382458
    Options
    HELP!!

haha true. OP answered her own question and def mine..
  • Katie_Y89
    Options
    Lol Help/ opinion.

Do I try to stick out 30 day shred, or go back to biggest loser.
    Have seen results with both, but its more about time devotion and better results :/
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    HELP!!

I'm still trying to figure out why this advice was needed ASAP!! We jump, so she doesn't have to?

5mscPyy.gif
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of structured workouts that work well with four days a week!
    But here's the other thing...the way you eat has a much greater impact on your weight loss than exercise does. And being consistent with that is what matters the most :)
  • Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    It is all about what ever is working and what is doable.. If you are working toward being healthier and stronger.. then hats off to you... Don't worry about 30DS it won't go anywhere. You can even mix it in with the biggest loser. Your body isn't going to care. Keep moving!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I think if its only 4 days a week you can manage then its fine. I usually give myself a day rest in between anyways.

I am unsure if you want to but you can always look into other workouts such as insanity, or boxing or even weight lifting. With weight lifting, I have the added benefit that I can get stronger, only have to spend 40 minutes in the gym and I HAVE to have a days rest in between (so i cannot do more than 3 times a week) which suits my schedule.

Hopefully you get the answers you look for. Again, 4 times a week of 30 ds is not at all bad :)
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Do whatever fits in with your lifestyle, that you can keep up with for the rest of your life.

4 days is perfect. Do what you like doing and it won't be a chore. So if that's the 30DS DVD, or BL, or whatever, just do it :)

Also, food is the most important part of the fat loss equation, so make sure your nutrition is spot on, and you will really get the results that you want.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i've done 30 day shred. you know the name is just a marketing thing?? it's not meant to be done daily.

technically it's strength training, and you shouldn't do strength training every single day. i remember the work out, and my knees cringe in pain at the thought of doing some of those movements daily ::shudder:: side lunges are the worst. always made me feel like my knee is going to break apart.

you can do it 4 days a week?? awesome. good for you. go for a walk the other three days. trust me.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    i've done 30 day shred. you know the name is just a marketing thing?? it's not meant to be done daily.

technically it's strength training, and you shouldn't do strength training every single day. i remember the work out, and my knees cringe in pain at the thought of doing some of those movements daily ::shudder:: side lunges are the worst. always made me feel like my knee is going to break apart.

you can do it 4 days a week?? awesome. good for you. go for a walk the other three days. trust me.

This.

Also if you're not seeing results, you need to make sure your diet is in check too. Exercise is only a part of the equation and a small one at that.
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I did the 30ds over a 6wk period mostly 5 (occasionally 4) days a week and had great results. The first time I attempted it I thought I had to do it 7 days a week and said f this after 2 weeks lol.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    i remember the work out, and my knees cringe in pain at the thought of doing some of those movements daily ::shudder:: side lunges are the worst. always made me feel like my knee is going to break apart.

KILLS my knees too. No wonder they do the knee circles in the beginning. I thought it was just me being out of shape.
  • Katie_Y89
    Options

This.

Also if you're not seeing results, you need to make sure your diet is in check too. Exercise is only a part of the equation and a small one at that.

Lol it kills my calf muscles!! But if 4 days a week isn't a bad thing, then Ill stick to it cause I really do enjoy the workout. My issue is that I have seen results, but not as much as I had with doing the biggest loser power sculpt. So I was going to do 30 day shred, with power sculpt then add some cardio cus it's not enough cardio for me
    and eat clean....no more ice cream lol!!
  • rgrin
    rgrin Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've read that Jillian herself says to do it every other day, with a day of cardio in between, and a 1 day of rest per week. It was a marketing thing to make it 30 days. Don't stress over the every day thing.