Thoughts on Insanity?

Options
MzManiak
MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
I did a search for before and after photos... but didn't really find anything. Is that because it doesn't work like they say, or not a lot of people have done it? Good idea or no? Worth the money?

Replies

• lindzmt22
    lindzmt22 Posts: 335
    Options
    I'm wondering the same. :)
  • anna_louise90
    anna_louise90 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This fitblogger did insanity http://funeralformyfat.tumblr.com/Insanity Results and if you search insanity results tumblr you get this page come up http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/insanity results
  • mcse3232
    mcse3232 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've tried it myself for a full 60 days. Didn't notice a huge difference in my weight numbers but my endurance improved. HOWEVER, should you choose to go this route get yourself some very cushioned shoes and if you can do it on a carpet, yoga mat or cushioned ssurface, please do. I stopped cuz my knees paid the price.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I did a search for before and after photos... but didn't really find anything. Is that because it doesn't work like they say, or not a lot of people have done it? Good idea or no? Worth the money?

Great idea. It is the hardest workout ever put on a DVD. Totally worth the money!!! Make sure you buy from beachbody or one of their coaches so that you get everything it is suppose to come with.
  • JenniferLee76
    Options
    My best friend..and her husband..both did Insanity... He did better than she did, because he was "religious' with it... but let me tell you, he is Ripped now, his chest and abdomen is georgous .. here is a quote from thier facebook page.. " Misty lost 12 lbs and 2% body fat. I lost 40lbs. and went from 17% body fat to 6.9% body fat. " He loves Insanity...
  • bonnycreed
    Options
    It is worth the money. I recommend finding a workout partner for this before you begin because it is such a challenging workout that you will either be tempted to skip days or not push yourself to your max. I did sixty days when I was in Afghanistan, and went from 150 pounds to 135 without changing my diet, and went from a size 29 waist in jeans to a size 27, which is a size 4. I also went from not being able to do a full dead-lift pull-up to being able to do 4, no sweat. That's pretty good for a female.

I just completed week one all over again. I just had a baby in February and have been out of the Army for over a year. I went from doing 55 push ups like they were nothing to doing zero good quality push-ups. Within a week, I can already do 6 good form push-ups and am motivated for week 2.

Seriously worth every penny you'll invest.
  • JenniferLee76
    Options
    It will wear you OUT ! lol
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    It is very injury prone because the workout program is not structured in a way that allows for optimum rest between sets and between workouts. Also, the workout and cooldown portions are insufficient. That being said it more or less is just bodyweight based circuit training. You'll get the same results doing any sort of workout program based around interval based circuit training. Bear in mind Insanity should only be attempted by people already in good shape/health, and if you are not and attempt to modify it to your fitness level you won't get as much out of it as you would other programs made for your fitness level.

In any case, Insanity is just a simple matter of burning a ton of calories by going at all-out intensity. You can pretty much do anything and get the same results as long as you do it at that intensity level.
  • Lutielu
    Lutielu Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I got Insanity from a seller on Amazon for about half the price. I'm on day 14 and so far I've lost 6 lbs. I've noticed a huge difference in my energy level and my endurance. To keep myself motivated and committed I started a blog so I can keep myself accountable. The program doesn't let you be bored, it switches things up constantly and while it is freaking hard I'm convinced it will all be worth it.
  • jodyb23
    jodyb23 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last week. I've only lost 3 lbs, so it didn't work for weight loss for me, but I've lost a ton of inches and really toned my body. My fitness level is also way up and I feel like I can do any work out after this, so for me it was absolutely worth it even though I didn't lose much weight with it.
  • Emisole
    Emisole Posts: 65
    Options
    It gave me some foot pain at first, and I haven't exactly lost a ton of weight, but my PT scores are up like CRAZY!
  • jandjcassidy
    jandjcassidy Posts: 143
    Options
    I am starting it tomorrow! If you want to watch my results you can follow me on instagram @fitanatomy
  • rachie590
    rachie590 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Finished day 6 yesterday. I also went on a 3 1/2 mile run today and my time has improved by 1 minute per mile since starting insanity! I hope I lose weight, but the increased endurance, and my body feeling more toned and also having more energy is worth it. I plan on starting crossfit after I complete this.
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Worth the money and you will love your body when your done.
  • AprilBurns86
    Options
    It is very injury prone because the workout program is not structured in a way that allows for optimum rest between sets and between workouts. Also, the workout and cooldown portions are insufficient. That being said it more or less is just bodyweight based circuit training. You'll get the same results doing any sort of workout program based around interval based circuit training. Bear in mind Insanity should only be attempted by people already in good shape/health, and if you are not and attempt to modify it to your fitness level you won't get as much out of it as you would other programs made for your fitness level.

In any case, Insanity is just a simple matter of burning a ton of calories by going at all-out intensity. You can pretty much do anything and get the same results as long as you do it at that intensity level.

I think you are really wrong here. I bought Insanity when I weighed 255 pounds, at the beginning of my first round of weight loss. I never got injured and lost 40 pounds. If you listen to your body and make sure you are using correct form, you absolutely CAN change your body weight, body comp, and fitness without being too hard on your body. I have since gone through another round of Insanity (see ticker results) and now am starting T25. These workouts are for EVERYONE. :)
  • bonnycreed
    Options
    I completely agree, April. This round I'm doing it at 170 lbs, trying to get this baby weight off of my not so large frame. In my experience, those that try to make excuses for Insanity's inadequacies are those who fail to complete the program. I will say, however, that Insanity won't work for every single person because it isn't a great workout for people with lower body joint problems. Your feet, ankles, hips, and knees take a pretty serious beating with Insanity. As long as you're ready for that, though, you'll be fine.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    My thoughts? I started the program in early April weighing 207 lbs (I'm 5'7"). I thought I wasn't in shape enough to do it but I was determined to do what I could. I religiously did month one and the recovery week, lost 11lbs but not a lot of inches. I wasn't following the food plan because I borrowed the DVDs from a friend but I did my best to stick to my calories and log everything in MFP, I ate about 1500-1800 calories per day depending on how hungry I felt or the calorie burn I got with the different workouts. Month 2 was a bit tougher because the workouts are longer (1hr vs 40 minutes) and I couldn't always fit it in so month 2 took me a bit longer to complete but I did it. I lost a total of 19lbs, inches not so much but I think I may have done them wrong because my before and after pics tell a different story. My hips got noticeably smaller, abs tighter, shoulders/arms/chest and back more toned, legs look firmer too, my quads are strong. My BP went down about 10pts systolically and diastolically and my resting HR is now about 55. I can run so much further without stopping. And you would think all that jumping around at my weight would aggrevate my knees but it didn't, never had an issue with joint pain and I always did it barefoot on carpet. Just pay close attention to form which Shaun T will remind you about all throughout the DVD, form is VERY important with this workout. I think at your current fitness level you will do really well and get great results. Give it a try.