new to myfitnesspal

Options
Hi there. I just joined this forum today, hoping to connect with others who share the same interests or weight-loss goals. I would like to learn as much as I can about nutrition, exercise and weight loss while here. I'm 42 and have about 50 pounds to lose before I get back to my ideal weight. I have a thyroid disease too, which means that my metabolism is really sluggish. I like to walk, swim, do yoga, and have played tennis before but not right now as I'm too out of shape for it.

Replies

• CorliJooste
    CorliJooste Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    hi! I also have an underactive thyroid. started on meds 2 months ago so hoping that works, but ultimately I would like to be able to regulate everything with diet and exercise :) but first to lose some weight!
  • smj60
    smj60 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hey! I dont have thyroid issues...but I too have about 50 lbs to lose. Feel free to add me!!
  • eslonlineteacherguy
    eslonlineteacherguy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Just joined myself. I'm 54 for a little while longer and need to drop 24+ lbs. Add me, let's push each other.:smile:
  • Kushy8
    Kushy8 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 34. I have hypothyroidism and have been on meds for several years now. Weight is slow to come off, but it is coming off. I've been on here a little ver a month and I'm down 7ish pounds. Feel free to add me! I'm on every day, and I love to encourage my friends; also like being encouraged. Best wishes on your journey!
  • willownaijamoon
    willownaijamoon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I am Semone, I am 33 years young. I am a single parent of twin boys that are 8 years old and a little girl that is 7 years old. I joined the site because I have had this baby weight on me since my daughter and a few more weight bought on by over eating due to depression and I need to get rid of it
  • ynf80
    ynf80 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I have sent some requests out :) Returning to MFP after too long away. I also suffer from an under active thyroid and am on meds so will be interesting to see what works for others. Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • happyerwriter01
    Options
    I've been on thyroid meds since 2000. One thing you should be aware of is that your body will naturally adjust to your thyroid med dosage by either slowing down (to let you know that you need your dose increased) or speeding up (to let you know that you need your dose decreased). Examples of this include periods of unexplained apathy, malaise and depression (depression comes with hypothyroidism but you don't treat it with an antidepressant, just with exercise and a higher dose of thyroid medication), to a racing heartbeat, racing pulse, anxiety and paranoia (which means you have too much synthetic thyroid medication and need your dose decreased). Good luck with it.
  • cynthiapick
    cynthiapick Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I have been using MFP for 5 days now and enjoying it. I have a similar amount of weight to lose so I would like to be a supportive friend to you
    Cynthia
  • denvoyager
    denvoyager Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Me too - I'm trying to lose 84 Lbs! Add me - at 63 I'm older but I'm really good looking - and the biggest fibber this side of the pond! The weight bit is true, though, hope to see less of everybody, Den ,Swansea, Wales x