knocking calories ??

Options
am a wee bit confused about this ..... IS IT BETTER TO KNOCK 300 CALORIES WITH A 20 MINUTE VIGOROUS UPHILL CLIMB ON THE TREADMILL AT A SPEED OF 5 KM/HR ( OR ) KNOCK 300 CALORIES WITH 30 MINUTE MEDIUM INCLINE AT 6 KM/HR ???

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Getting the heart rate up it what counts not how you do it. To each his own
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    300 cals is 300 cals is 300 cals is 300 cals
  • iamdesiderata
    iamdesiderata Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    that depends on what heart rate zone you want to be in..
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    For calorie burn not difference. Depending on your fitness goals it could make a difference in your performance, again depending on what you want to accomplish.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    a pound of feathers or a pound of bricks?
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    If you're just looking at calorie burn, it doesn't matter. If you're trying to train yourself for more endurance, the slow burn is better. But the difference between 20 and 30 minutes (in fitness terms) is pretty negligible. How about working TOWARD a 30 min vigorous uphill climb at 6 kph? :happy:
  • aatul
    aatul Posts: 23
    Options
    thanks guys !! The confusion continues ...... I WANT TO LOOSE WEIGHT & WANT TO LOOSE FAT ...... I am very active, can work out a lot, feel gr8, eat healthy ( in my 1700 target ) but seem to be JINXED as the dam weight does not go down on the scale.... SO AM LOOKING AT DIFFERENT " PERMUTATIONS & COMBINATIONS " . ALMOST 10 WEEKS AND HAVE ONLY MANAGED 7 POUNDS .....:cry::sad: :brokenheart:
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Mix up your exercise routine to confuse your body and let the mind relax. Alternate between the strength training and the cardio and throw in some HIIT training. I know when I do HIIT my body freaks out and drops like two pounds overnight. If you worry too much about the numbers, the body will hold onto it. Also, start measuring yourself. You may have not lost lbs but have lost inches as muscle still weighs more than fat.
    Good luck
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    How about doing the treadmill for 10 minutes and then pause it, and do 20-30 pushups and then do 10 more minutes, repeat until you have 30 minutes of cardio and @ 60 pushups. Alternating strength and cardio is a killer workout and gets the job done. Plus it relieves the boredom factor - guaranteed to see results!