Upped Calories last month:update

SO! Just thought I would write an update, I upped my calories from between 1000-1400 a month ago, when i weighed 138 pounds ans was pretty much maintaining on such a low amount bobbing up and down between the same couple of pounds, I am now on an average of 1700-1800 day, gaining in total 4 pounds in the month - but still bobbing up and down between 140.2 and 142.4 (after this weekend) so on some days Ive gained 2 pounds from upping cals and other days its 4 pounds. Anyway. I am basically trying to reset my metabolism. My RMR is 1360 and my BMR is 1700. I am amazed that I have not gained more weight as I havent eaten this much in YEARS, literally.
How long do you think I should keep at my BMR before I can go back down and start slowly losing?!

Replies

• LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    No idea
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    BMR is the minimum amount of calories you require to function, if your exercising on top of this you should be loseing weight.
    stop weighing yourself eat your BMR calories
  • PopsGils
    PopsGils Posts: 68 Member
    I had it tested in a lab and actually RMR is the minimum amount of calories you require to function and BMR is that - plus any daily activities and exercise you do, i dont exercise at the moment so my BMR is about 1700
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    I think you should keep it at 1800 and just increase your activity.