ending up binging!

Options
My stats are 25 year old female! 143 lb heavy (65 kg)... 166 cm tall and big skeletal not a petite girl.

This week i did nearly 7 hours of cardio and burned around 3 k plus.

Usually i eat around 1600 - 1700 calories, 45 % carbs, 30 % fat and 25% protein

I do low carb around 3 times per week which i try to keep carbs under 50 g

All time i am hungry and end up binging!

Now I calculated my tdee - 20 % which said i can eat around 1810

Do you think i am binging because i am doing alot of cardio and not eating enough? anyone had this experiece?
and also i cam here in April eating less than 1000 and not losing weight. now i upped also up to 1600 and still not losing!

I am so lost, if anyone has any advice I appreciate it thianks

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Go with your TDEE and eat more. If you're working out that much, your body needs it. I would up my protein, too, personally.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Do you think i am binging because i am doing alot of cardio and not eating enough?

Probably.

I agree with going with the TDEE calculation for at least 6 weeks and see if you start to lose.
  • _dinorah
    _dinorah Posts: 11
    Options
    I was going to check your food diary... but how many times do you eat per day? Also, how often do you drink water? I find that I'm always full by eating 5x a day and drinking 2 cups of water per meal (so by the end of the day I drink 10 cups of water).

My calorie intake is 1400 so I'll eat breakfast, a mid-morning snack, lunch, an afternoon snack, and then dinner. About 200-300 calories each meal. And water is my best friend lol. A lot of the time, we mistake thirst for hunger.

I would try to find out how you can satisfy your hunger without having to binge eat. Maybe you need to eat more and exercise more... or find a more satisfying diet that won't hurt your weightloss goals.
  • kimkim1123
    kimkim1123 Posts: 20
    Options
    Try this for a few days: Stay low carb (under 50 grams) for a week. It takes 3 days just to go into ketosis... fat burning mode by eating low carb. In order to not be so darned hungry you have to eat lots of protein. Try to eat at least 100 grams and up to your body weight. Stay away from sugary fruit and processed foods. Don't be afraid of fat. Just concentrate on the lower carb, higher protein. One day every 7-10 days increase your carbs to 100 grams to keep your leptin working proberly. Oh yeah... don't eat any grains, especially wheat. Grains are used to make livestock fat!
  • lisamonetscott
    Options
    Also, get rid of the foods that you are tempted to binge on. Clean out your cabinets of the binge tempters. Keep a line of defense in your cabinet/refrigerator for the weak moments: popcorn, raw carrots/apples/oranges, green tea. Crunch ice chips. Drink 16 ounces of water when you feel the binge urge and pull up a motivational website. Give yourself 5 minutes to regroup before heading to the kitchen. Your metabolism will start to adjust to the increased exercise and decreased caloric intake over a few days. Also, find an activity that you can do during those weak moments (like a "naughty" time waster) that fills in the space, such as a Bubbles Shooter app on your phone. Good luck.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Your binging because your not eating enough?

Are you binging on carbs?? When I did low carb.... I would binge on stodgy things like bread with pb, cereal etc

Try and eat lots of protein, veggies, fruit and water
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Excessive cardio tends to lead to a more ravenous hunger and at least in my experience a craving of carbs, more so than weighlifting. Might be time to cut back the cardio a bit and start lifting heavy.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    The thing that jumped out at me was that you are doing 3 days of low-carb. My body gets used to whatever carb level I am at and does not respond kindly to switching (hungry hungry HUNGRY is what happens). I would try keeping a constant carb level for a week and see if the hunger evens out.