Friend requests for 44 y/o teacher

Options
Hello. I have been on MFP before, but have struggled to get motivated... then I realized that I did not have many friends on my MFP site. A little push from people who are going through the same struggles that I am going through might help.

I am a 44 y/o teacher with three boys, ages 21, 18, 3. Yes... 3. My story is this... I had a beautiful little boy in 2007. My husband and I were so excited... this would be my third child (two from a previous marriage) and my husband's first. I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes very early on in my pregnancy and had a lot of trouble getting it under control. At 32 weeks, I had a placental abruption and both the baby and I were in trouble. The wonderful doctors were able to save my baby and I recovered nicely (after several blood transfusions). We named our son Zachary. A week later we were told that Zachary had a several holes in his heart and would have to undergo surgery. Although he made it through the surgery successfully, he later developed an infection. He lived for 4 months. I was told that I could not have anymore children because of the severity of the abruption. I was incredibly depressed, but thank goodness for the strength in my marriage and love of my family and friends, I was able to manage the grief. Although I have always been heavy, my weight really skyrocketed after 2007. In 2010, I became pregnant again... my doctor was not happy. I was kept under a watchful eye and was in and out of the hospital for 3 months. My little Sam was born at 33 weeks... and he was perfect. I am so lucky to have had such a beautiful little boy (My gift from Zachary). However, having Sam and caused my body a lot of problems... and it's my job to get it under control.

So, I think having friends to help motivate me will help keep me focused. So, if you would like to friend me... we can motivate each other! I look forward to meeting you.

~Jill~

Replies

• kimsue674
    kimsue674 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for more motivational friends! I'm giving MFP a 2nd try, I've been back a couple weeks now. Same as you I didn't connect with any friends last time I tried, so I'm trying to be more involved this time! Sending you a friend request :)
  • Kushy8
    Kushy8 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm on here every day. Always looking to motivate others and be motivated myself. Feel free to add me! Best wishes on your journey!
  • bacosamariechristine
    Options
    Good morning, I am rejoining as well. I am 44 years old and a preschool teacher. I live in North Carolina and had a gastoral by pass on September 26th 2012. I have lost 121 lbs. I want to loss 22 more pounds before my year date. I am looking for motivation to keep going and staying on track. I need support to make my goal and would love to support others.
  • lcantrell65
    lcantrell65 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a 47 year old math teacher with a lot of weight to lose. I would love to be friends.
  • mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    I'll be 40 in 20 days. I work in the insurance industry. I have 2 boys 11 & 14. I'm looking for motivational friends. :)
  • rmchapman4
    rmchapman4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Friend me: I am a middle school counselor who taught for 10 years.
  • mdongdob
    mdongdob Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello my name is Michelle and I am 1 21 year old college student. I am going to school to be a physical therapist at oakland university. In my future profession good health promotes a long career. I am currently 175lb and 5ft 1in. I struggle to manage my eating properly and exercise on a regular basis. Cauae I am always on the go at work or in class. As I am a commuter I tend to attrack towards fast food. Then when I am home, I enjoy taking a second for myself to have some silence. Any encouragement would be great cause I have cravings all the time for the bad stuff. My goal is to atleast work out 3 times a week and to eat meat only once a day.
  • fitgirl626
    fitgirl626 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I too am back for a second time and didn't get very involved in the community aspect of MFP last time. Your story is very touching. I am a 32 y/o middle school special ed teacher, and married with no kids yet. A big part of my motivation this time is to get as healthy as possible before trying to get pregnant.
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    friend request just sent!
  • Motivatedin20131969
    Motivatedin20131969 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request. I too don't have a lot of friends to keep motivated.
  • eikito
    eikito Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    HI there! I'm 41 and used to be a teacher, still miss it. I log in several times a day and love to interact with my MFP friends, several of them as teachers and we motivate each other. Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • cseckinger1
    Options
    Oh I'm so sorry about little Zach! I'm happy God gave you little Sam. Would love to be your MFP friend & support. Add me.
  • athenaharless
    athenaharless Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Looking for inspiring and motivated friends on here. Send a request and I will accept it. :smile:
  • kimdyj
    kimdyj Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me everyone! I'm always on here and I had rejoined MFP about a month ago and lost 18 pounds! My diary is open and always looking for motivational friends!
  • dnunny70
    dnunny70 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm 43 and a teacher; I have two boys-14 and 6. I'll really need some motivating friends when work starts again.
  • RockClimber69
    RockClimber69 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    44 y/o over here. Desperately trying to fit into my wedding dress and badly lacking motivation! (You'd think that would be enough, but sadly, no!) Please feel free to add me too.
  • CarleyJo89
    CarleyJo89 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want! I'm a 24 year old teacher :) x
  • Stronger_Diva
    Stronger_Diva Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hello. I have been on MFP before, but have struggled to get motivated... then I realized that I did not have many friends on my MFP site. A little push from people who are going through the same struggles that I am going through might help.

I am a 44 y/o teacher with three boys, ages 21, 18, 3. Yes... 3. My story is this... I had a beautiful little boy in 2007. My husband and I were so excited... this would be my third child (two from a previous marriage) and my husband's first. I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes very early on in my pregnancy and had a lot of trouble getting it under control. At 32 weeks, I had a placental abruption and both the baby and I were in trouble. The wonderful doctors were able to save my baby and I recovered nicely (after several blood transfusions). We named our son Zachary. A week later we were told that Zachary had a several holes in his heart and would have to undergo surgery. Although he made it through the surgery successfully, he later developed an infection. He lived for 4 months. I was told that I could not have anymore children because of the severity of the abruption. I was incredibly depressed, but thank goodness for the strength in my marriage and love of my family and friends, I was able to manage the grief. Although I have always been heavy, my weight really skyrocketed after 2007. In 2010, I became pregnant again... my doctor was not happy. I was kept under a watchful eye and was in and out of the hospital for 3 months. My little Sam was born at 33 weeks... and he was perfect. I am so lucky to have had such a beautiful little boy (My gift from Zachary). However, having Sam and caused my body a lot of problems... and it's my job to get it under control.

So, I think having friends to help motivate me will help keep me focused. So, if you would like to friend me... we can motivate each other! I look forward to meeting you.

~Jill~

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! You are such a strong woman, and God has blessed you with another son even though you were told you'd never have another child. *hugs*!!!!
  • jessmastrilli
    jessmastrilli Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I work in a technical institute for people with disabilities.
  • curvygirl77
    curvygirl77 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Hi! Add me, 37 y/o high school science teacher